FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Girlfriend and I Broke Up Twice in Two Days

Would the break be a good idea?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

readcode
So my gf and I first got together in ninth grade. I was a douche. She was an emotional teenage girl. Back in those days, I used to do my best to insult my friends in the wittiest way possible, you know, yo mama jokes and stuff that was genuinely funny. My gf was and continues to be a sensitive girl, so my jokes made her cry. I eventually learned to stop insulting my friend in general but I broke up with her cuz I think I took her for granted. I felt like she was so devoted to me and that I held so much power over her.

After a year of trying to convince myself that i didn't miss her and want her back, we got back together. That was the summer before eleventh grade. Our next year was stressful at times but I loved every minute of it. She decided to go to 12th grade while I went straight to a university. I didn't go to 12th grade because I knew I'd have to do subjects that were kind of related to my field, so i went to the second best university in my small island.

My gf went to twelfth grade because she needs twelfth and thirteenth grade to get into the best university that's internationally accredited etc. Anyway, twelfth grade is kicking her butt. She feels lonely at school (we've never gone to the same high school.) She sees her friends as being prettier than her(they aren't). She's depressed and is terrified of failing twelfth and thirteenth grade.

It got to the point where she said we should take an "academic break". I called bullshit. If she needs a break for the first term of grade 12, she'll obviously need one for the rest of grade 12 AND grade 13 AND the four years of university. So we broke up over that issue and got back together three hours later. The next day, she brought up the same bullshit, we broke up and that night when I was asleep, she sent me a two paragraph long apology. when I woke up, I read it and got back with her. It's going well so far (about one week) but was her suggestion a good idea?
Blaster
I never believed in breaks personally. Either you are in it and will be for the long haul, or you just don't want to be in it and anytime the going gets rough you'll find yourself on a break. I can understand if because she is busy she doesn't want to be with you as much but that doesn't exactly mean that you guys need to break up.

Take each day as it comes. Give her space to focus on her studies but make sure you let her know that you are there and that if she needs anything that she can ask you. Maybe even help her with what she is having trouble with.
readcode
Blaster wrote:
I never believed in breaks personally. Either you are in it and will be for the long haul, or you just don't want to be in it and anytime the going gets rough you'll find yourself on a break. I can understand if because she is busy she doesn't want to be with you as much but that doesn't exactly mean that you guys need to break up.

Take each day as it comes. Give her space to focus on her studies but make sure you let her know that you are there and that if she needs anything that she can ask you. Maybe even help her with what she is having trouble with.

Yh, I don't either, which is why I didn't want to. She has studied from 3pm till 11pm and I keep telling her that such bruteforce methods of studying don't get her anywhere. She just doesn't listen to me when I tell her her methods are ineffective and she's not listening to my suggestions either Sad
Blaster
Well that seems to be your problem then. Don't try to tell her how to run her life. Let her figure out what works for her and what doesn't work for her. When you try to control what she does that really pushes your back.
loveandormoney
readcode wrote:
So my gf and I first got together in ninth grade. I was a douche. She was an emotional teenage girl. Back in those days, I used to do my best to insult my friends in the wittiest way possible, you know, yo mama jokes and stuff that was genuinely funny. My gf was and continues to be a sensitive girl, so my jokes made her cry. I eventually learned to stop insulting my friend in general but I broke up with her cuz I think I took her for granted. I felt like she was so devoted to me and that I held so much power over her.

After a year of trying to convince myself that i didn't miss her and want her back, we got back together. That was the summer before eleventh grade. Our next year was stressful at times but I loved every minute of it. She decided to go to 12th grade while I went straight to a university. I didn't go to 12th grade because I knew I'd have to do subjects that were kind of related to my field, so i went to the second best university in my small island.

My gf went to twelfth grade because she needs twelfth and thirteenth grade to get into the best university that's internationally accredited etc. Anyway, twelfth grade is kicking her butt. She feels lonely at school (we've never gone to the same high school.) She sees her friends as being prettier than her(they aren't). She's depressed and is terrified of failing twelfth and thirteenth grade.

It got to the point where she said we should take an "academic break". I called bullshit. If she needs a break for the first term of grade 12, she'll obviously need one for the rest of grade 12 AND grade 13 AND the four years of university. So we broke up over that issue and got back together three hours later. The next day, she brought up the same bullshit, we broke up and that night when I was asleep, she sent me a two paragraph long apology. when I woke up, I read it and got back with her. It's going well so far (about one week) but was her suggestion a good idea?

How about consideration in a relationship with a woman?

Or is that stupid?