FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's up with the Frihost website directory?

ChunkyBustout
Hello,

I've been checking this out from time to time and I see this hasn't been updated but there are sample sites on the main page. I'd like my own site listed in the directory so, if it's possible, could I? I'd be willing to maintain the directory, if it doesn't require much time since I'm still working on my own site. I have put a link to FriHost on my site, if that helps. (If not, I'd like to share the link with others anyway.)

Thanks.
Bondings
ChunkyBustout wrote:
Hello,

I've been checking this out from time to time and I see this hasn't been updated but there are sample sites on the main page. I'd like my own site listed in the directory so, if it's possible, could I? I'd be willing to maintain the directory, if it doesn't require much time since I'm still working on my own site. I have put a link to FriHost on my site, if that helps. (If not, I'd like to share the link with others anyway.)

Thanks.

The directory should be fully automated. I will just need to add the site. It should get removed automatically when a user isn't hosted anymore.

There are a few other things (more important) that I still haven't done. I first need to code those before I start on the directory.
ChunkyBustout
I understand and thanks for the update.
lockwolf
Just wondering, whats the estimated time that this will be finished?
Bondings
lockwolf wrote:
Just wondering, whats the estimated time that this will be finished?

Please don't wait for it. It will be there eventually, but not in the soon future. I actually planned to code it last july-august, if you understand what I mean. To be clear, it most likely won't be for this year. Sad

I first have to spend a lot of time on the account page. (warnings/alerts, change account details, global details, music permission, ...)

Also work a lot on the design and forum structure. (implement mod_rewrite (like forums/support/t22343-4-5.html) and maybe a left global menu)

Only after that, I will be able to implement the directory. (it also needs a few administrative things from the account page)
n0obie4life
You know, you really should get some help since you can't do this full time.
tribe
Yes thanks for the update. I was wondering when and if we'd see it updated.

It will help us with our site traffic and you with more and more customers!

Hope to see it soon and thanks for the services. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lockwolf
n0obie4life wrote:
You know, you really should get some help since you can't do this full time.

Yeah really, I hate waiting a long time on something (Like Christmas and Duke Nukem Whenever I mean Forever)
LostOverThere
@Bondings, I would suggest having a contest or a look around on who can code, and if they could do it...whenever you want them to do it, a reward might be something like 100mb space extra (example)
n0obie4life
He'll never do it!

Never!

I tell you never!

Never, never, never, never, never! He likes to script his own stuff Rolling Eyes, thats erm, hardworking.
dan751
Hardworking, yes. But it can seem like overworking too, but I guess I don't have much of a leg to stand on, being I'm developing a full fledged game myself.Wink Not often is it seen where one person alone creates a movie, game or whatever else it may be, but Bondings, I commend you.Smile
gonzo
wow that's just crazy... apparently
mathiaus
I'm willing to lend my hand with the directory. No credit's nessascary. I could even just do the bulk of it and let you fine tune it to your needs to make things easier etc Smile
shabda
Count me in too, if you need me, Captain Bondings.
Relevent knowledge: PHP,HTML, CSS.
Rhysige
There are so many experienced PHP, CSS and HTML coders here it wont be hard to find someone who can do it Razz but im also one who likes to code his own stuff.. it becomes a baby to me and I know every bit of code.