FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can SQL Fiddle be used with XAMPP or only w/ their database

lightworker88
I have XAMPP--including Apache and MySQL--installed and working on my Win8.1 laptop. Is there any way to use an SQL framework such as http://sqlfiddle.com as part of XAMPP, or would I need to log in to the website? PHPAdmin seems like it is such an SQL framework, but I keep having to backtrack.

Maybe what I need is a set of pre-existing databases, with sample tables and sample data, to pick and choose from and to import to my localhost. I'm aware that PHPAdmin comes with some of them, but I didn't find any that suit me. A website with such tables and databases already formed would be great.
zacky
I do not get your point why you need in some ways to use the SQL Fiddle as part of your XAMPP except of using it offline.

If you are just about to pre existing database models and schema, there are lots of databases out there to play with or create your own.
lightworker88
I downloaded and installed MySQL WorkBench. I haven't explored it much yet. It doesn't seem to be good in terms of examining the table contents, but it's got a lot of operating-system level info I didn't know. With it and PhpAdmin and my site, I should come out okay.
jajarvin
lightworker88 wrote:
I downloaded and installed MySQL WorkBench.

I use MySQL Query Browser.
Download for example file mysql-query-browser-1.1.20-win-noinstall.zip.
In this way you don't need
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013
which are needed if you use MySQL WorkBench
Marcuzzo
jajarvin wrote:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013
which are needed if you use MySQL WorkBench

which are shipped with windows 8 and IMO a 'should' install on windows 7.

guys, take it from me, the .net framework is 48MB, if your machine supports it... install it, if you don't need it for one application, it will not take long before you need it for the next
johans
i think the latest XAMPP has it all if you need to work on your local database.