FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Let's talk old video games

Adalew
There are some of the classics games were awesome, and I still playing of all time. Do you still playing them? or think they are very boring?
supermanlovejan
What classical game u still playing...........
spinout
there is this MAME simultaor to download and play the old stuff. That is actually quite fun.
SlashnburnSoftwareStudio
i used to play have a zxspectrum and remade Chuckie Egg and Pacman with Game Creator 7, that was good.

i`m no learning c++ so looking at old adventure text games so i can learn to use variables, ifs, loops etc

Anyone know any good old text games i can play
SpaceInvader75
Did anyone here ever play Sudden Strike? I would almost buy that again if I cold find it! It could get pretty difficult, but it was a really addictive RTS game.
spinout
asteroids it must be the best - but has it a modern platform worth talking about?
Insanity
I think the best games are on the Super Nintendo because there are so many classics. There are also lots of good classics on the computer as well. There are many timeless classics that can be played over and over again without losing replay value.
Blummer
I remember myself being very keen on Donkey kong country, Mega Man and yes, Mortal kombat (the first 3 parts). Laughing
ElSouq
Does the original harvest moon count as a "classic"? Or is it too new for what you meant? I consider it a classic and I still play it sometimes, but I have to be in the mood. It takes a long time to progress in that game.

@Blummer

Yeah DK country is an amazing game. Still played that one too, until recently when my snes controller broke. Nobody sells them anymore around here haha I think I may have to resort to ebay.
jlsilva
If you want to play classic video games you should get a SEGA GENESIS and finish a whole game, those games were the hardest thing ever
playfungames
I used to play a lot of video games when I was a small boy. I used to play games such as mighty final fight, street fighter II, king of fighters 95 and dungeons and dragons: shadow over mystera when I was a kid.

Till now, I have those games in my computer. I have a neoragex emuator and Mame emulator that allows me to play those old games from the arcade. I still play street fighter II and king of fighters 98 with my friends. Nothing can beat the hours of fun that these two player games provide. I know that they are still producing the newer version of these two games, but I prefer the old ones. I would, however, like to try the new street fighter games on my PS3 but I don't have the DVD. Until then, I am happy to play the old ones over and over again.
jajarvin
Super Marion is, has been and will bee a great game.
Utopia GFR
Yeah, I did play Sudden Strike! (I had it directly from the editor).

Great RTS game, I think I played the sequel as well.

You could probably find it on Amazon or Ebay.

SpaceInvader75 wrote:
Did anyone here ever play Sudden Strike? I would almost buy that again if I cold find it! It could get pretty difficult, but it was a really addictive RTS game.
ownjoouk
TREASURE ISLAND DIZZY!!! Used to love that game as a kid on the commodore 64.

Countless hours wasted on that one. There was another Dizzy game too but I can't remember what it was. I think they remade it on Iphone and Android too.
testrun
Classic old games I still play

Sonic 1 and 2 on sega genesis
Monkey Island series (I have all 5 but love the first one the most)
Does anyone remember lemming?
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
King's Quest series (VI is the best)
dude_xyx
I remember few all DOS games like DAVE and Super Mario which we played on 286 machines in School computer labs. Those days the best PC we had in lab was a 386 with Windows 3.1. That one had a cool Bike game. Also there was prince of Persia game I don't remember it was DOS game or Windows 3.1.
Insanity
SNES games are the best. You can play emulators if you don't own the system itself. However, I think that the older games are the best because there's so many emulators out there that you can pretty much play any game you want. This includes things like the Wii which has classic games features that allows you to play games that they have ported over from the past.
dude_xyx
My favorite old game was one called Star Wars Rebellion. I think it was released in 90s and worked in both Windows 98 and Windows XP. I played it years on Windows XP. Unfortunately it's not working on Windows 7. That game was way ahead of time it's released.
Peterssidan
Insanity wrote:
SNES games are the best. You can play emulators if you don't own the system itself. However, I think that the older games are the best because there's so many emulators out there that you can pretty much play any game you want. This includes things like the Wii which has classic games features that allows you to play games that they have ported over from the past.

I think the ZSNES emulator is very good. I don't know if it's something about the hardware that makes it easy to emulate. The NES emulators I have tried has not been as good, and emulators for later consoles with 3D graphics doesn't always seem to be the same as the real thing. What I really miss is a good gamepad similar to the NES/SNES with a high quality D-pad.
0xaddedfacade
Emulators are not only good for playing retro consoles on your current PC, there is for example DOSBox, a program which emulates a variety of older hardware. It allows you to re-live the exciting titles from back then.

I really liked following titles:

Darklands
Extremely deep and complex fantasy game, in which you veture out with a party in medieval germany, fighting a raubritters, exploring the world, and hopefully dying of old age, when rich and mighty.

Wizardry VIII
The latest non-japanese installement of the legendary dungeon-explorer game. Create a party consisting of a ninja-fairy, two lizardman samurai, a robot and rhinoceros-Alien. And venture through a strange planet, to finally become the cosmic overlords!
Sounds awesome, and is already deployed fully 3D. very sophisticated turn-based combat and leveling-system. Exploration is realtime.

Daggerfall
Before Elder Scrolls Online..
Before Skyrim...
Before Oblivion...
Before Morrowind..
There was Arena and Daggerfall!
Daggerfall is a roleplaying-game (1st person, almost 3d) with a fully explorable world of the size half the britain is. tens of thousands
Extremely cool levelling system. *thousands* of *huge* dungeons, you *actually* can lose yourself in.

Imagine yourself, an sneaky-thievish-catman(Khajit) running around for hours trying to get your loot to the surface to buy yourself a 3rd house, hearing all kinds of strange noises from behind the walls. Upon further examination you find a hidden door inside the wall, which is filled with werewolves. You survive the hard fight but you have gotten bitten, so the next fullmoon your lycanthrophy fully manifests and you transform into a werewolf, you climb the walls of a huge city in order to still your hunger, but then you hear the guards screaming "halt! halt!"... that's Daggerfall.

Those 3 games will always have a special place in my heart
spinout
elder scroll, oblivion / skyrim - well I have played that some, gr8.
I have played mco - motor city online, the best online game ever!
bigbill360
Best old games are Crash Bandicoot in PSX I think, I've passed a lot of time in this games Razz, I spend a lot of fun in ^^'