FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Happy Halloween 2014

Blaster

Not sure how many of you guys celebrate but here in the states little kids go door to door and get candy.
zacky
Happy Halloween too!

Well here in PH, its depends on your community if your going to have costume party and getting so many candies to the kids. However its not like a trend here because people have their own agenda and it really depends on your neighborhood.

For son earlier, he got too many candies and his costume - Dracula Wink !
RosenCruz
It is getting wider acceptance here in Turkey too. People are doing costume parties and drinking Laughing No trick or treat for kids though Rolling Eyes Just adults celebrating with drinks and parties.
deanhills
I go in hiding during Halloween. Must say it's great fun for kids though.
playfungames
Happy Halloween 2014

I have to say that, I've never celebrated this event. It's not that popular in this part of the world. But I am fascinated by the pictures of people in Halloween that show up on the internet. Must be a fun to dress up scary (sexy?) and go to parties.
standready
Nice picture, Blaster. I had no trick or treaters because weather sucked! More candy for me. laugh I only had one small bag anyway.
Blaster
The night started out slow for us. Didn't get any kids till around 700. Usually we start getting them around 600. And I just found the picture on google.
spinout
My kid bought a horse mask - more funny than scary...
zacky
spinout wrote:
My kid bought a horse mask - more funny than scary...

Can you post it?
Blaster
Horse masks have taken over the internet. Very funny if you ask me.
zacky
Well in our case, part of our culture, its not funny but scary - of course it depends how it looks.

Here there is so called "Tikbalang" - headed horse with human body as being demon horse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikbalang

The photo itself what its not really makes it scary, but for me the stories behind of it. My grand-pa use to tell stories about this creature during WII when they are in the woods.
Blaster
We have something similar. We have the headless horseman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headless_Horseman
cybersa
Belated Wishes to you All.

No Halloween in India Sad
Nyasro
Happy Halloween 2014 to all of you

Well we don't celebrate Halloween. but its slowly getting into our society too.. People are organizing parties and events on this occasion.

Well this is a strange type of festival... I mean strange in a good way...

All of you have a good halloween time !
Blaster
It can be strange but it is also quite fun. The parties can be really entertaining and people really show their creative side with costumes.
zacky
cybersa wrote:
Belated Wishes to you All.

No Halloween in India Sad

What? This is the first time I heard a country that has no Halloween.

Anyway of course I made my research but I cannot find "serious" answer.

All I found is "Because they took away Ghandi".

But I am really curious why?
grofet
Halloween is candy and and costume day in the same time. I don't celebrate hellowin day. A lot of people here also do not celebrate helloweens.