FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cant access windows xp sp 2 & cant access safe mode

imamkodratharyanto
Help me.
my computer office error.
i cant open my windows xp sp 2 & cant open my safe mode too.
only appear windows logo & then blue screen.
Menu in safe mode not available.
the computer dont have cdrom drive.
Can i booting from flashdisk?
The format menu from other computer, not availabe format with startup disk while format my flashdisk.
My BIOS menu not available detect flashdisk.
The day before this problem, Baidu Antivirus detect the LSASS.EXE will need illegal access to internet explorer, then i move LLSASS.EXE to other folder.

What can i do to repair this?
How i create startup disk use my flashdisk?
Thanks for help.
standready
Welcome
You might have better luck getting a response in "Computer Support" forum - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-31.html
sonam
Did you try with F8 (sometimes F12) to get Windows recovery menu. You must press F8 immediately after you press power button. Keep it pressed as long you don't get recovery menu. Ones you get it then you can chose next step.

Sonam
SonLight
I could easily be wrong because my knowledge is way out of date, but I seem to remember that LSASS.EXE might be a critical internal program of windows. It is possible that some malware tried to conceal itself by the same name of course. If you managed to move a critical windows task, that could explain why it won't boot.

Most computers today can boot from a usb memory stick by changing a BIOS setting. You could download a Linux live disk or a recovery disk, which would allow you to do many things on the computer while its regular OS is on the fritz. You could also use it to look at the files on the hard drive, and possibly fix your problem using it.