FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

30 gigabytes Email

darrell
www.30gigs.com

30 gigs of email storage
moejoe
I use 1% of my hotmail account...what the hell im i suposed to do with 30 gb? Im not superman, lol. But still...god...they must have like...no registered pplz.
straat18
yea thats alot 30 gb e-mail storage normaly people need like 200 mb e-mail storage
gertjang
damn... 30 gigs

my Gmail account has over 2.5 Gigabyte and thats already a huge storage size.

and it's still growing...

the search function in Gmail is also handy
Mark999111
haha!!

30 gigs?!?! What are they thinking, nobody will ever need that much. My hotmail account is like 2% full, and i thought my gmail account was ridiculously big big thats just stupid.

I doubt that company will survive much longer to be honest.
geyikkutuphanesi
30 gb Question . it is not enough. Laughing There is 1terabyte mail Very Happy =1000 gb and
FREE 1000GB Email w/ available POP3/IMAP Access (See below)
10MB attachment limit! Upgradeable to 50MB!
Address Book
Spam Preventing Features For Your Protection
WAP Access - Mobile Device (http://www.mailnation.net/webmail/wap)
Auto Message Responders & Auto Forwarders
Multiple Web-Interface Styles & Multiple Languages Supported
Always Count On Our Highly Ranked Email System & Server Reliability
http://www.mailnation.net/
What r u thinking now??* Laughing [/url]
maclui
Does people really need that much space?, I dont think so. But is nice to have something less to worry about in this information age, at leat you knoiw that your email inbox will never have enough mails.
Jack_Hammer
geyikkutuphanesi wrote:
30 gb Question . it is not enough. Laughing There is 1terabyte mail Very Happy =1000 gb and
FREE 1000GB Email w/ available POP3/IMAP Access (See below)
10MB attachment limit! Upgradeable to 50MB!
Address Book
Spam Preventing Features For Your Protection
WAP Access - Mobile Device (http://www.mailnation.net/webmail/wap)
Auto Message Responders & Auto Forwarders
Multiple Web-Interface Styles & Multiple Languages Supported
Always Count On Our Highly Ranked Email System & Server Reliability
http://www.mailnation.net/
What r u thinking now??* Laughing [/url]

I signed up, and look
Quote:
0% / 1083984MB

I havent used 1% of my Gmail account yet...

*And note this new service you might be able to get a username that slightly resembles something from the English langauge or even looks the slightest bit like a word, plus they have multiple addons for your mail, example

something@mailnation.net or
something@loui.ca

etc.
deca
1000 GB is wild! Does anybody know how many ads they have on your account when you log in? I like gmail because they have one bar of ads on the side. The ads are large and obnoxious.

I use 10 % of my gmail account. I don't know what I would do with that much space.
James Bond-007
Yeah...who needs 30 gigs of email space? Some people don't even have 30 gig hard drives!
deca
I just signed up. I think that the email "panel" looks good. There aren't any ads on it. The interface is pretty clean.
ignition
hahah that terabyte email service is retarded. I bet they have enough space for around 5 megs per account..if somebody actually filled up that 1000 gigs they would be screwed Rolling Eyes

As for the 30 gig account, I signed up for one of those quite a while ago (turns2fire@30gigs.com) but I never use it because it doesn't support POP access, which means I can't use it with M2.

Webmail is overrated anyways...I already have a 120 gig email account called my harddrive.
izcool
I think it's just a catch to get people registered. Someday I should gather up 30GB worth of data, eMail it to myself, and use it as a backup hard drive. Seriously, I should. Off-site backup is good since it can always be retrieved later on from any location, just as long as you have an internet connection. Wink

- Mike.
coolclay
30 gigs email isn't just about email. Here is there about us information. "

"30Gigs.com started off with the idea of creating a "All in one" site for the webmaster and avid computer users. Combining personal file storage, GD2 signatures and anonymous email all in one service, which would be free. Our main goal is to increase our space even further, to 50 gigs, or maybe 100 as time goes on. 30Gigs.com is still in a very heavy beta, and if you are a member, please help us to make it the best mail server there is. We will be offering a section for personal file storage (up to 30 gigs) and a GD2 signature maker to keep your email safe from spam robots. We also offer a unique feature, which allows you to send a email from any address you want. This is very usefull if you have multiple accounts linked to your 30Gigs.com account, and want to send a email from john@otherservice.com so you dont confuse the sender. Any further information can be addressed to support@30gigs.com."

So apparently they eventually want to provide storage space for personal file storage as well as an email service.

BTW you can get invites in the marketplace for only 35 frih$
saiyeek
What the use of that storage. I wish they could provide free 30 gig webspace without ads. What all of you think??
thecosmickickstarts
The average email (text only) is around 3KB in file size... So I suppose that would allow 10 million emails to be stored using that account... Worth it? I think not - However, attachments are the key to the usefullness of this service. I mean, I havent checked out the upload limit - but I assume it must be quite large. In this case, wow! You could share youre entire photo collection, and distribute it easily by storing it on their servers. A brilliant tool... and FREE?? Find me the catch...
Caxius
omfg!! Shocked 30 gb? Shocked wow
Patrick
wow! 30 gigs is alot...

I will not sign up, just because 30 gig sound like too much
carlokes
Don't tell me you guys don't know why there are mail boxes with this amount of space...

There's a new away of downloading warez and that way is through public mail boxes with huge amounts of space where you can access from everywhere, including universities and hotspot where usually ports for downloading applications are bloked. Since it's like e-mail no one can blopck it SmileSmile
garvalf4
do you know if google mail allow such service ? I mean I don't care have 1 Gb mailbox, but it'd be nice to have a 700 mb storage for hosting a linux remaster file...
OnlyOneLife
You guys can't use your email accounts... I've used about 50% of my gmail account... It's going up sooooo slowly. I use more MB per day than they add.. so evenually I'll fill it up. Idea Question Exclamation Arrow
soulman
Gmail is enough for me.... although I've already got a 30gigs' Email box
gonchiweb
can somebody e-mail me an invitation of 30gigs?
i really need becuase i filled gmail.
lacapeza@gmail.com
lacapeza@hotmail.com
any of these
Phi
I don't get it - what do you people use with your inbox? My Gmail account never touches the 10% line. I don't use it as a storage though, so that's probably why Razz

I checked out the 1 terabyte mail. Where the heck do these people get the space from? They must've at least a hundred users, and 1TB is like... huge o__o

I signed up anyway, just to check it out, and the interface looks good! It resembles Microsoft Outlook Razz The only thing that bugs me is that they seem to have all the news e-mails inserted into every new inbox. So the moment I logged on I had 16 e-mails already, from the administrators. Still, nice e-mail, no ads and all Smile
iphp
the larger the better? NO!

I need fast stable email only. Confused
tim_s
I guess you can store a lot, pictures and things. I didn't look through the 30gig email, but the 1000gb account only lets you send and receive 10mb at a time, now, i can't be bothered to work it out, but that is a LOT of emailing. I am something like 10% full in my gmail account. When they start letting you send say 100mb attachments 1) i guess everything will get slow and 2) people will start using much more space - send a video of the party your friend missed/your baby's first 3 months...!! etc etc
windval
wow

but it needs an invitation
Anthony123
yea. the website nid invitation from someone so to sign up for an email on the website. I am very deperate to have a big email. I hope someone can send me an invitation because i really need this 30 gbs email. i have many things and photos to place in my email. i really hope someone can send me. Maybe this post can called an non-quality post. but i really need this email.
EVILSKAAP
moejoe wrote:
I use 1% of my hotmail account...what the hell im i suposed to do with 30 gb? Im not superman, lol. But still...god...they must have like...no registered pplz.
MY hotmail account is always full, i need to clear it every once in a while and my 1gig yahoo account is just fine for me though. As for the 1TB email, i think thats the total amount of space on the server and they only indicate how much you are using for your account at that moment! Could be true, ifyou find out please share
cnnet
30gb is too large
and I can't make good use of it
what's the limite of the attchment?
if the limite is small
it would be wasteful to supply so much space for a mail
stupidboy
30G email.....
wow...so big...but would we need to use such a big email ??
i don't think so
gonzo
30gigs was started by ethical geeks... unlike the fops behind gmail

size is of course important but moreso is trust... gmail isn't trustworthy

edit:

and now 30gigs.com isn't trustworthy either
n0obie4life
At least we know gmail is backed by alot of funds and won't just suddenly crash so easily.

We don't know about 30gigs at all.

And besides, gmail doesn't read your messages and remember them, they just scan it to print their ads for it. It's not a human reading them, it's a bot.

[edit] I forgot, you hate ads so much.
gonzo
n0obie4life wrote:
gmail doesn't read your ... they just scan it

ohhh that's so much better... wait, no its not. Extracting content from MY communications be that 'reading' or 'scanning' is still accessing MY conversations to target-harass-market stuff to me. No thanks. I would be similarly annoyed if my phone calls were 'scanned' and then I received 'relevant' postal advertizements.
TheQ
1000 gb is too much. I checked the site and it is very slow. gmail is the best i think. i don't need better
annupreeti_fun
tim_s wrote:
I guess you can store a lot, pictures and things. I didn't look through the 30gig email, but the 1000gb account only lets you send and receive 10mb at a time, now, i can't be bothered to work it out, but that is a LOT of emailing. I am something like 10% full in my gmail account. When they start letting you send say 100mb attachments 1) i guess everything will get slow and 2) people will start using much more space - send a video of the party your friend missed/your baby's first 3 months...!! etc etc

ur thinking is good but that's of know use when u get addicted to computer as u will be having DVDs worth 10s of Gbs
annupreeti_fun
TheQ wrote:
1000 gb is too much. I checked the site and it is very slow. gmail is the best i think. i don't need better

i agree with ur mind and notion google is superb no one can stand against it

its diverse work and field of operation is so impresive that it takes heart of my soul
3shades
why would i need that!? i already have enough space on my gmail!

you need an invite anyways, so....

but still, 30 gigs, thats a bit OTT
budazz
30 gig is for those people whos are very busy...its too much...but its nice
Rolz
30!? Wow.

I only use up to 5MBs, hehe. Why would I need 30GB? That's a damn lot. Maybe large companies who get questions everyday would need it, but not me. Laughing
Summer
I can't use all the storage even i am using 1gb email service .. Shocked
Terrasis-Cian
Ppl you are all missing the point, with 30 gigs you can upload stuff onto your account and save space on your hard drive. its like gmail! thanks for the link btw! Razz

Http://www.terrasis-music.com
olag
As the most people, 30 gigs of storage aren't me of use. Anyway, this websites haven't to be fast.
MistaKiula
1000 GB of E-Mail space.. that would be absolutely crazy to have! But.. i dont know if I'm ever going to use it all x.X
abone
I think nobody needs 30 Gb mail account. 1Gb mail account like yahoo so enough for me.Anyway thanks.
Freezon
It is true, most of us won't use a 30GB account up, or a 1TB account up, by far. However, it is there if you need it. Since most of us won't use the 30GB/1TB all up anyways, it is there for backup. The idea of using it as an online hard-drive sounds nice, but I have not tested this with mailnation. I do not have 30gigs, I currently just use gmail, which is at 2.7GB and I know for a fact that I can use it as an online hard-drive. Someone had said the the max sending/recieving on mailnation was 10MB. So I assume that sending yourself attachments at 10MB max would be alright for storage, but what is the max send/recieve on 30gigs? If someone could find this out I would very much appreciate it, thanks.
wilsgrant
Most huge limits like that are because the company knows no one will ever manage to even come close to filling their box. To make it worse they put huge restrictions on attatchment sizes lol
kenansaracoglu
cnnet wrote:
30gb is too large
and I can't make good use of it
what's the limite of the attchment?
if the limite is small
it would be wasteful to supply so much space for a mail

this is important. i agree to friend
komunikaze
30gigs.com now have to limited free register until 31 01 2006.
so hurry up to free register. i usually to 30 gigs just for if i have long holyday im affarid my inbox full with spamm
barobrain
I could see if it were used for business reasons that 30 gigs would be needed. I know alot of people where I work that have multiple pst files in outlook because they constantly reach that 1.5 gig threshold. But then again they really required to use there work email anyways so I dunno. But I think in certain cases 30 gigs is definatley needed.

Some peoples jobs require them to actually HOLD alot of there previous emails by law with some of these attachments.
kamote
eek, 30 gigs. thats a lot.
dac_nip
i have an account in www.30gigs.com, i can give an invite. who wants one? PM me and convince me that you need one. At this moment, it is still under beta testing. so you might want to register at a later time.
Freezon
No invites are needed to join until AFTER the 31st of this month (January 31st) as stated on the site.

If you want to join, it is free until the 31st and you may use the link below to register if you like.

Click here to register

REMEMBER: The above link is ONLY good until the 31st of this month (so it says on the site), so sign up quick if your wanting an account.
gonzo

they now use google ad technology and as such are not a refuge from gmail.

death to 30gigs.com
madsencarl
Ok, the computer I use most is my laptop. My laptop has a 27gig hard-drive. Why would I need more than that in my EMAIL???
raman
omg 30GB e-mail address? Thats crazy I would never even use 100mb and google gives 2GB already on gmail.
Treemo
thanx for that.
madsencarl
I just signed up... it runs incredibly slow. I would NOT recommend it to anybody with anything less than a T1 internet connection.
nunosilva
woaaa 30 gb! it must be lifetime, and after life too! think about the server that they must have, and the number of HD's they must have to host all this!!!! it's good to store videos, and stuff like that...

Too bad that it is S L O W ! ! ! ! !

But anyway... I was expecting it...
Sephz0r
madsencarl wrote:
I just signed up... it runs incredibly slow. I would NOT recommend it to anybody with anything less than a T1 internet connection.

I think most people these days have a T1 connection... anthing 1MBIT or greater is T1.
lolz
Sephz0r wrote:
madsencarl wrote:

I think most people these days have a T1 connection... anthing 1MBIT or greater is T1.

True, but still having a 30 gigs e-mail its like a dream come true when i was using a 10 mb hotmail acc but now... gmail is enough for me but thankz for sharing though
Wd_removed
People offer that sort of space because they know you won't use it.
adwya
wow its good
crazedjill
All that space would just be waste for me. I'll stick with my gmail account, thank-you. Cool
thiamshui
there are rumours tht the 30gigs email is up to no good.. they can't even code a proper invitation script!

see: http://msxexposed.blogspot.com/
amusic
Wow, 30Gigs....wait a minute, do I really need so many storage capacity for email? I only used up less than 10% on a 1Gigs email. Embarassed
neosree
I may be in need of it, since my yahoo 1GB is almost going to fill up. Now it is 68% filled. But there is a 1000 GB free mail service I am heard of, so I will select it rather than 30 GB.
mtorregiani
That's a craziness

I use almost 3mb
42mart2
I have Gmail, witch I get 2 Gig storrage!
http://www.gmail.com
I dont know what we are going to do with so much storrage place, but its quite nice to have, just in case Laughing
thiamshui
dun use 30gigs! it is bad!..

See: http://msxexposed.blogspot.com/
Vrythramax
The 30gb mailbox site needs no invitation...I just created a mailbox there and it went thru without a hitch.

I just signed up for the 1000gb mailbox and they don't need an invitation either.

Did I miss something here cuz everything I checked out was free and available to the general public.
windval
o my god

i just use about 1% in gmail~~
PuNGS
People only use those high storage emails to upload files for download. Like Peer2Mail. That is the only use that I can see from those email accounts.
carriage_return
I always get tempted with mail services, I always get an account and end up not using them. Of course having a huge storing capability is tempting for every geek out there, but if you are really going to get such service to use it as intended, I do not think you will ever need that much space.

Which is good

I mean, if you would, then the 30GB thing wouldn't be so special, would it? You want it because you won't use it, but you could if you wanted to. Or at least that is what we tell ourselves. And no, I'm not talking about using it as a storage for any thing you wish to keep. I'm sure the likes of Peer 2 Mail will keep their softs updated to ride on the wave of "I'll give you more space than you could handle" mail services.

In any case, it was a really good link. And I hope the company survives (and that they don't fill my e-mail with spam).

carriage_return
neosree
Isn't it good for backups (for t1 users) Question Not good for casual mailing.
masterevil
i strongly reccomend www.walla.com spam protection, speed and everything else is good. I STRONGLY reccomend it.

walla is not popular, so lots of accounts arent taken and waiting for you:D
magnusmoty
for ower 2 monts that i saved all my mail, i used only 50 mb of my 256 mb mail.ru storage.....
i have a google as a second mail, but there is 1-2 megabutes stored....

nobody needs 30 gb email. anybody needs 30gb hosting.....
KHO
Viruses galore Neutral NO ONE USE THIS!!!
Gmail is way better and gives 2.5 GB which is plenty enough, l'm currently only at 9% of mine Neutral
izimngcubes15
pointless..? Who would use up to 30GB? I can't even use up in my 1GB...it's like 1%...?
polopolo
30 GB?!!?
i dont belive on it. I am using gmail!
Pheonix
30 gigs of email stoarge is a WASTE and im content with 1
bliushift
for the terabyte email, has anybody set up a gmail drive thing for it yet? that would probably be the only good use of 1000 gbs. the virtual drive thing that somebody wrote for gmail is really the only way to upload stuff without it being annoying.
alkady
30 Gigs, Thats pushing it, I wish I've learnt about this a year ago, Now I have 4 email accounts, No need for a fifth. Plus I still am happy with what ive got.
jgangl
That is more space than the size of my laptops hard drive! My gmail account isn't even close to 2 percent full!!