FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cpanel q: Doesn't seem to be a firewall issue

AardvarkSagus
I am having a bit of a hard time accessing cpanel. It doesn't seem to be a firewall issue because I can access http://www.frihost.net:2082/. When I attempt to access it for my subdomain however I am told that IE cannot find any such page. When I try to login to that exact page I am merely told that my login failed. Is this a firewall issue or am I just not seeing something obvious? Do I just need to go home and not try to access this at work? Do I not actually have cpanel access? I would just use directadmin but I am told I need cpanel and fantastico to install my phpbb software and get the forum up and running (which is what I am really trying to do with my site in the first place).

Thanks for your help guys.
Sunny
Quote:
Do I not actually have cpanel access?

Exactly!. Your site is hosted on Direct Admin Server, Cpanel Server is totall different one.A directadmin user cannot use Cpanel and Vice versa.

Quote:
would just use directadmin but I am told I need cpanel and fantastico to install my phpbb software and get the forum up and running

You can download and manually upload the PHBB Forum using a FTP Client. Doesn't take lot of time and it is very easy to configure. Just follow the instructions in read me file.

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

Good Luck!!
mOrpheuS
AardvarkSagus wrote:
I am having a bit of a hard time accessing cpanel. It doesn't seem to be a firewall issue because I can access http://www.frihost.net:2082/. When I attempt to access it for my subdomain however I am told that IE cannot find any such page. When I try to login to that exact page I am merely told that my login failed. Is this a firewall issue or am I just not seeing something obvious? Do I just need to go home and not try to access this at work? Do I not actually have cpanel access? I would just use directadmin but I am told I need cpanel and fantastico to install my phpbb software and get the forum up and running (which is what I am really trying to do with my site in the first place).

Thanks for your help guys.

Your hosting account is on server 2 - DirectAdmin
You don't have cPanel access.

However, cPanel or Fantastico are not necessary for installing phpBB (or anyother script for that matter)
You'll just have to download it, and follow some simple directions.
Or you can just ask a fellow member to help you out, there are a few people offering such services in lieu of few FRIH$ at the Marketplace section

But I'll suggest you do it yourself, what you learn will help you in troubleshooting/maintenance of your forum later on.

edit - damn ! beaten again, by Sunny this time. Laughing
AardvarkSagus
Got it. I'll have to try to do it myself. I just was under the impression that you would be getting BOTH cpanel and Directadmin. I am a total n00b when it comes to web work. Good elsewhere (A+ certified on hardware and Windows OS) but this is my first foray into the internet.

Thanks guys.
Sunny
AardvarkSagus wrote:
Got it. I'll have to try to do it myself. I just was under the impression that you would be getting BOTH cpanel and Directadmin. I am a total n00b when it comes to web work. Good elsewhere (A+ certified on hardware and Windows OS) but this is my first foray into the internet.

Thanks guys.

As Morpheus said you can hire someone from market place to install it but its much better if you do it urself, Its very very easy to do.

I found a nice flash movie for you which should make your job even easier.
http://www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/display.php?t=phpbb2_admin_install

Only thing is it doesnt shows how to create database in Direct Admin, so before installing follow this

Login to Direct Panel>>click Mysql management>>Click create database and give any username, pass and database you want.

You will also need to download a FTP Client if you don't have one , you can download filezilla or anyother.