FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oscar Pistorius

Rakatravel
He only got 5 years for shooting his girlfriend and will probably only serve 8 months. I don't think this is justice!
Sergiz
Well, that's how it works. If they managed to prove something else, he could get more.
deanhills
Rakatravel wrote:
He only got 5 years for shooting his girlfriend and will probably only serve 8 months. I don't think this is justice!
He was very lucky because he could afford the best lawyers and his selection of lawyers turned out into a winner for him. Particularly in his favour was the State couldn't prove that Oscar intended to kill his girlfriend. So in absence of a really solid case convicting him of murder, I'd say the verdict of manslaughter and 5 years were just.
Da Rossa
What if it was really a manslaughter, not murder case? I believe there should be a steep punishment, but of course not as much as the penalty for murder.

But I invite you to know Brazil's legal system. A manslaughter can result in... 1-3 years in jail, with easy possibility of alternative services!