FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you ever cried in your games?

Adalew
I know people get really emotional at the end of some games and others don't so do you cry or ever cried in your games and if so can you name them.
Gwentichie
No. Games still aren't human enough to elicit an emotional response from me. I can only feel that way with actual human beings portraying real emotions
Peterssidan
What kind of games are we talking about here? Computer games, sports, ...?
spinout
hm no but when EA closed the server for motor city online I got so pissed smoke came out of my ears!
grofet
Some story in games is sad enough to makes me sad and create small amount of tears in my eyes. But not crying like a baby.
Insanity
I don't think I've been that emotional over a game. For some reason, I find that it's much different when playing a game compared to watching a movie. Sometimes I can get pretty emotional over watching a movie, but I don't think I've felt the same way with a game. But then again I haven't been playing that many emotional games to begin with. I think it's different because the graphics aren't usually as bad.
RosenCruz
Yeah. For example PC game Limbo made me cry. Makes my cry when ever I re-play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_(video_game)
zuraguerra
Yes. Recently, I cried playing To The Moon. They story is nice, very deep.
william
I don't cry (except when chopping onions), but I can certainly feel emotions one would experience while crying (more joy than sorrow, though). Play either Persona 3 or Persona 4. You'll feel it. There are a few games that pull this off, and all the ones that do are masterful works of art. Actually, for me, games do a much better job with it than movies because I have some control over the decisions and the path that brought me to the end. It adds a greater level of connection.

I'm actually planning on playing To the Moon whenever I get the chance in the next few weeks (I've already delayed it for about 4 months, now)...so let's see if it pulls it off. Wink
playfungames
I have not. I am immersed in games when I play but I think that the most games that I play have happy endings so I don't have to cry. I believe that I wouldn't even cry if a game story takes a turn and the main characters someone loving dies. On the other hand, movies have been able to make me a bit teary or sad. But when it comes to games, I don't think about it much.
lordfarhan40
Yes I dd cry when i played Brothers in Arms :/ It was based on a true story
mshafiq
I am not crying at all by playing any games.
tonberry
My response is a common one - a certain scene in Final Fantasy VII made me shed a tear or two. Everyone that played it knows what I'm talking about and was probably crying as well Very Happy

Even though games are now closer to movies in terms of story and budgets are bigger as well, I don't recount when was the last time when I was really moved so much I wanted to cry in a video game world.
spinout
Hm final fantasy... Well I must have under estimated it!
NextStep
Metal gear solid when REX dies Sad was it just me that thought REX was a lot like a giant puppy.
mshafiq
I have lots of passions. I never cry when ever i loss the game