FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I turn off automatic left-clicks in Win 8.1?

lightworker88
How do I turn off automatic cursor left-clicks in Windows 8.1? When I leave the cursor over any spot, over even moving it over something, I often get unwanted left-clicks.

I recently upgraded from Win XP.
Peterssidan
Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a feature you should probably look somewhere in the settings. Search the Control Panel and see if you can find something. If it's a bug then maybe you should try to upgrade your mouse drivers. If you have another mouse laying around you could test that one too to see if it's the same with all mice.
lightworker88
I'm fairly sure it's a feature. It's a new Windows 8.1 laptop and has been doing this since the day I bought it. I just use the touchpad. I can see how it can be useful in some situations but I don't want it. I think I just haven't found the right area of the help files yet.
cybersa
lightworker88 wrote:
I'm fairly sure it's a feature. It's a new Windows 8.1 laptop and has been doing this since the day I bought it. I just use the touchpad. I can see how it can be useful in some situations but I don't want it. I think I just haven't found the right area of the help files yet.

Whats your laptop model?
I think you can turn off the features in control panel.
I'm having Dell laptop with Dell Touchpad software to turn off or on many features related to mouse.
lightworker88
It's an ASUS (ASUStek) laptop. I think the setting is withing ASUS Smart Gesture, which regulates a lot of touchpad/mouse settings. (I use the touchpad.)

The model within the specs I found just says "ASUS Notebook Series", but it's a pretty basic, cheap computer, even if it is new.
zacky
What the heck!

I'm still using Win7 for my pc machine.

Anyway just for the record, yesterday I read that Microsoft stop selling windows 7 and 8 as they prepare to release the Windows 10 by 2015 and I am pretty sure they want their consumer to focus in windows 10.

Here is the source from BBC : http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29880144
lightworker88
I recently went into Best Buy where I bought it and asked about this. He confirmed that what I want is somewhere in the settings for the mouse. I had already been all through that dialog and not found it.