FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking for an App for Backing up Files.

Possum
I have 3 back up folders of my important files. The main folder where the original files are is on my hard drive. The other 2 are on thumb flash drives which I transfer files to from the folder on my hard drive to. I back up from my hard drive to the thumb drives. I rotate these 2 thumb drives. So I have 3 back-ups of my files.

What is the best back up app for me when using this system.

I want to back up only the altered files.

Thank you..
amagard
If you are running with Windows I can highly recommend SyncToy, a useful freeware from Microsoft. Easy to setup and use, allows incremental backups.
Possum
SyncToy is exactly what I want and need.

thx.....
Yonohikari
This may be a bit late but, if you're looking for a free open source software, then I highly recommend FreeFileSync. It is cross-platform, highly optimized synchronization software, and it updates regularly. It has the key features of some commercial synchronization software to get the job done, as well as additional features like batch job, real-time backups, and many more. I personally use this for my sophisticated backup procedures.
cybersa
I have used GoodSync.
It has lot features.I use this software to sync files between my laptop and desktop.
But it is commercial version.
mrkk
If you have a Mac, take a look at SuperDuper! (the exclamation point is in the title). It's at shirt-pocket.com. It's a free application that clones your hard drive onto an external hard drive that you keep safe somewhere else. I've set up a weekly reminder for myself to back-up my laptop—it's a good practice.
urielt
i use free service at copy.com, very friendly website admin
ummahtalk
If you are looking for android try APP SHARE