FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Windows 10 Preview






Do you like it?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

cybersa
Windows 10 Preview looks better than Window 8.1

Start Menu is back
No Charm Bar.
Optimized for both Touch and Non Touch.
Multiple Desktop
and more.

What is your opinion about Windows 10 preview?
Do you think it will be hit?

If you not yet tried,you can get it from here:
http://preview.windows.com/

Don't forget to vote. Wink
deanhills
Much too early for me. I usually wait until MS has worked through all of the bugs and is into a few versions first before I'm game to try out an OS.

Must say however, if the start menu is back, it has my attention. I also like the idea of a multiple desktop.
Marcuzzo
cybersa wrote:
Windows 10 Preview looks better than Window 8.1

Start Menu is back
No Charm Bar.
Optimized for both Touch and Non Touch.
Multiple Desktop
and more.

What is your opinion about Windows 10 preview?
Do you think it will be hit?

If you not yet tried,you can get it from here:
http://preview.windows.com/

Don't forget to vote. Wink


are you sure it's windows 10? I thought the successor of windows 8(.1) would be 9 (yet I've heard stories that they will just call it windows without a version number)
Marcuzzo
cybersa wrote:
Windows 10 Preview looks better than Window 8.1

Start Menu is back
No Charm Bar.
Optimized for both Touch and Non Touch.
Multiple Desktop
and more.

What is your opinion about Windows 10 preview?
Do you think it will be hit?

If you not yet tried,you can get it from here:
http://preview.windows.com/

Don't forget to vote. Wink


are you sure it's windows 10? I thought the successor of windows 8(.1) would be 9 (yet I've heard stories that they will just call it windows without a version number)
cybersa
Marcuzzo wrote:
cybersa wrote:
Windows 10 Preview looks better than Window 8.1

Start Menu is back
No Charm Bar.
Optimized for both Touch and Non Touch.
Multiple Desktop
and more.

What is your opinion about Windows 10 preview?
Do you think it will be hit?

If you not yet tried,you can get it from here:
http://preview.windows.com/

Don't forget to vote. Wink


are you sure it's windows 10? I thought the successor of windows 8(.1) would be 9 (yet I've heard stories that they will just call it windows without a version number)


Yeah,It is windows 10.

See reason from here:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/10/01/this-might-be-why-microsoft-chose-windows-10-instead-of-windows-9/
rx9876
cybersa wrote:

Yeah,It is windows 10.
See reason from here:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/10/01/this-might-be-why-microsoft-chose-windows-10-instead-of-windows-9/


That's a bold guess, and it has a good reason.
However,
since when the Microsoft considers backward compatibility in windows?
They tried but failed to handle the version gaps between those ies.
Why would they care the windows version detection code wrote by the others?
Ha ha.
Marcuzzo
Got a new laptop at work, the lease of the previous one had expired. ( What a machine Laughing i7vPro, 16GBRam, 256 SSD, this thing is crazy fast ) and I needed to reinstall my Visual studio. I noticed the windows 10 enterprise preview so I'm downloading the ISO right now.
you can check it out here.
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
Got a new laptop at work, the lease of the previous one had expired. ( What a machine Laughing i7vPro, 16GBRam, 256 SSD, this thing is crazy fast ) and I needed to reinstall my Visual studio. I noticed the windows 10 enterprise preview so I'm downloading the ISO right now.
you can check it out here.
WOW! That sounds to die for. 16GB memory. What kind of internet speed do you have at work?
donoob88x
well that reason 95 - 98 will be nice. well it is the "year" when that windows launch.. and i think just right now, they should skip 10, 11 , 12 , and 13.. to be Windows 14.. Cause it is now year 2014.. lols
rx9876
donoob88x wrote:
well that reason 95 - 98 will be nice. well it is the "year" when that windows launch.. and i think just right now, they should skip 10, 11 , 12 , and 13.. to be Windows 14.. Cause it is now year 2014.. lols

This is reasonable, since there are WINDOWS 95, 98, 2K, ME, 07.
The only exception is WIN XP.
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
Got a new laptop at work, the lease of the previous one had expired. ( What a machine Laughing i7vPro, 16GBRam, 256 SSD, this thing is crazy fast ) and I needed to reinstall my Visual studio. I noticed the windows 10 enterprise preview so I'm downloading the ISO right now.
you can check it out here.
WOW! That sounds to die for. 16GB memory. What kind of internet speed do you have at work?


We've got a datacenter with a direct fiber link on our switches so the connection at the office is insanely fast.

back on topic,
I've tried the windows 10 technical preview and to be honest, for those that have worked with windows 8.1, it's basically the same, except they replaced the modern ui start screen with a windows Vista/7 style start menu with windows 8 style tiles in it for the modern ui, apart from this I do not see any mayor changes.

it should be called 8.2 but because the 8 of windows 8 ( apparently ) has left a bad taste in some people mouths they decided to up the version.

I don't really understand why people don't like the new start screen, I get it that change is hard, but still, the startscreen isn't that bad once you get used to it.

IMO the startscreen of XP was nice because it expanded/collapsed so you had a nice overview. but the start menu that they used in vista and 7 is not as intuitive when you've got a lot of software installed.

I actually avoided the start menu in 7 entirely, instead I used the search feature that is incorporated into windows 8, in fact, the search functionality is one of the core features of windows 8.
cybersa
Marcuzzo wrote:

IMO the startscreen of XP was nice because it expanded/collapsed so you had a nice overview. but the start menu that they used in vista and 7 is not as intuitive when you've got a lot of software installed

I agree with you.
From windows 7 onwards i started to use search feature to find the program.
Related topics
Windows Vista Official Thread
Windows 98
Window Tinting
[UNIK] Windows Vista, êtes vous prêts pour le grand saut??
Windows XP SP3 comming soon
10 faults of Microsoft Windows Vista
Windows Explorer freezes during preview of certain videos
10 astuces pour accélérer Windows XP
Ubuntu ?
solaris 10 x86 in a vmware 6 on Windows vista
10 Reasons To Buy Windows 7 Professional (!)
Did you try windows 8?
Windows 8
Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview available for Windows 7
Windows 8.1
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Operating Systems

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.