FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Secure MS OneDrive

Possum
Hi

I have MS OneDrive on my local computer to back up all my files remotely. But anyone who has access to my computer has access to my remote OneDrive files as well. So they are not really that safe as far as backing up goes. Is there a way to make my local OneDrive secure so the remote OneDrive are secure too.

thx....
badai
change the default folder to another folder, use truecrypt when you login.
jmraker
You could try continually change your password or find out where the password is saved and have something reset it in a scheduled task.

If a criminal or the FBI wanted those files bad and had physical access to your computer, they'd likely have physical access to you too.
kaysch
I know this does not really answer your question, but have you thought about security issues around OneDrive yet? In my opinion once you upload your files to the internet they are not secure anymore. Why don't you use another harddisk to backup your files? Harddisks are relatively cheap, and they have one big advantage: they are local. Windows offers a backup security software that lets you backup your files on that separate disk, and I am sure there is plenty of other software that does the same.