FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should we rename things ourselves?

chasbeen
We all went to school and had to learn the names of things like places, animals & human emotions to name just 3 of 1000 categories.

But what if we renamed them to what we preferred?

Then the best name that everyone liked would stick. To prevent total chaos you would say the original name and follow it with "pn" and the new name.

Eg I went to London pn theSmoke to see the Queen pn theMainLady
I spent pn blew my money pn dosh on my girlfriend pn love stub.

How many sentences can you make up like this?

Even if you do one it would be fun pn bubble gum.
playfungames
I think that it would be hell lot of confusing reading a text with real names and made up names. There's no use for a made up new name if you have to provide the previous name as well. It can, however, be made into a fun joke with full of puns.

But let me give it a try:

I want to drink some water pn Vodka

I hope I got it right.
chasbeen
PFC
The idea is that the number of pn's is random, there might be more or even none.

No water and vodka are 2 different things. This would be more correct:
Water pn h2o or
Vodka pn vWater
Blaster
This looks confusing. However it could be a fun game to play.

It does sound where we may say AKA though. For example the Drug Enforcement Agency AKA DEA and the Department of Homeland Security AKA DHS. The same is said with using "(" and ")" for example, Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA-DOH).
chasbeen
Yes that is AKA but the new "pn" denotes yet unclassified and unofficial alternatives. Some of which are unclassified and range from the very very clever to utter stupiditie stupiditiii stupidity.
Blaster
it sounds almost like a synonym. For example instead of calling something "hot" you may call it "scorching".

Thats why there is a book out there to come up with better names for things... its called a thesaurus.
chasbeen
Noooooooooooooooooo
this is for completely undocumented changes. The changes will be adopted locally and may reach global.
The inception date could be claimed on a New web Thesauras web page....
Blaster
Well I could see how this could be confusing. What if we both used the same word to describe something different. For example I use Boiling Water pn Hot Stuff and you use Fire pn Hot Stuff.

I think we do this in a way with slang though. For example in my area we call what most call a Sub a Hoagie. In new york this is called a Hero.

Another good example is Soda Vs. Pop. Some areas call it soda while some call it pop.