FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where is b0ndings

airh3ad
you never update status? you never tweet, you never reply my email sir b0ndings where are you?
grofet
I think he is busy with the other project or his own daily life. What we can do is backup our data regularly and move to other server when frihost server down for a long time. There is no guarantee that the admin will give us free cpanel or directadmin hosting service forever. We just need to be patience since frihost is just a free hosting service.
RosenCruz
I m kind of losing hope on new user accounts, fixing accounts with problems etc. I believe there are a few trustable members here that can have server access and fix issues for users, create and approve new accounts etc.

Without the owner around, whole this community is starting to make less and less sense each day for me
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
you never update status? you never tweet, you never reply my email sir b0ndings where are you?
Great question airh3ad. I'd like to know too.

airh3ad
Yes this is really true and this will happen.
Quote:
I think he is busy with the other project or his own daily life. What we can do is backup our data regularly and move to other server when frihost server down for a long time. There is no guarantee that the admin will give us free cpanel or directadmin hosting service forever. We just need to be patience since frihost is just a free hosting service

What type of project grofet? where did you here that?

Thanks Deanhills Smile
RosenCruz
Wonder if we can keep this platform alive by purchasing a VPS and providing fresh web hosting accounts. I guess we will need some technical knowledge, permission from Bondings to create accounts under Frihost community umbrella and a little passion.

Sometimes I think why the hell not ? Confused
playfungames
I think that he is moving on with his normal life. I've known Frihost for a long time and b0ndings seems to have prioritized other projects and real life jobs over this one. Frihost is still his first baby or successful project. That is why it is still alive. I hope that it will continue to live even though the owner has little or no time for management.
deanhills
At least technically we are in GREAT shape. Bondings has us on one of the best servers I've been on to date. Was quite a learning curve for me over the last few days. I have free space at three hosts and the one that turned out to work the best for a project of mine was Frihost. It doesn't have the bells and whistles in cPanel, but the quality of the Website space is exceptional. Roars like a Ferrari! Razz
airh3ad
I agree to deanhills so far this is the best free hosting i ever have. if B0ndings is very at the moment who will be assign maintenance for this servers? who is assign to process the new signup?
RosenCruz
Bondings may not be around. But I believe someone have to maintain servers, provide support and and create accounts for new sign ups. Keep the FH spirit alive Wink
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
Bondings may not be around. But I believe someone have to maintain servers, provide support and and create accounts for new sign ups. Keep the FH spirit alive Wink
Good point. Admin support is crucial in a business like this. Particularly with a system like DirectAdmin that is notorious for blocking people's IPs. There needs to be someone around to unblock those. We are also still dealing with flack from the Server 2/3 migration that has been unresolved since July. Including the stats tool that is no longer working. Haven't been able to run my competition since July. Crying or Very sad
bukaida
I am sure Bondings will show up suddenly as he did couple of time in the past. Meanwhile, except some dedicated members, many of us become quite irregular for the same reason.
airh3ad
how many sign up we have admin per day? if bondings assign to maintain FH he should pay to sub admin?
RosenCruz
Yeah we can not even do our competitions, gather stats and uptime information. Some things around definitely need a "bondings touch".
Blaster
He comes around when there is a problem with the sever so you can't really ask much more than that. He pays the bills and this place still runs. I think its pretty succesful if you ask me.
RosenCruz
Blaster wrote:
He comes around when there is a problem with the sever so you can't really ask much more than that. He pays the bills and this place still runs. I think its pretty succesful if you ask me.

No ! We ve got problems. Our stats are not working, we ve got minor log in issues on some servers after migration, we have some new users waiting for accounts, we ve got users waiting for their accounts to get fixed.

We need his "touch" more often around here.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Agreed. The German Server that we're on is also the best server I've been on in my free hosting experience at Frihost. I've been working on a project and it's as though I'm racing in a Ferrari when I'm using my Frihost space. Quality is pretty awesome. Only problem is lack of admin support of course. However if one weighs that against Bondings giving up on Frihost because he hasn't got the time to run it, then I'm sure we can work around it.

Must say I miss the stats tool. Yet thinking about it. Wonder whether someone with a good feel for stats, like Peter or Amagard, could create another stats tool? We do have some clues. We could take the number of "articles" that appears at the bottom of the Forum Index page at X Hour of X Day. And then take another reading at Z Hour on Z Day - end of the month. Think I'm going to try something like that and see whether we could have a competition for November.
Blaster
RosenCruz wrote:
Blaster wrote:

No ! We ve got problems. Our stats are not working, we ve got minor log in issues on some servers after migration, we have some new users waiting for accounts, we ve got users waiting for their accounts to get fixed.

We need his "touch" more often around here.

I should rephrase... Big problems not little ones.
sonam
Blaster wrote:

I should rephrase... Big problems not little ones.

I am agree with Blaster. Like RosenCruz wrote we need lot of updates and Bondings need to find out some confidential members for creating accounts, deleting accounts, updating forum, etc.

Sonam
Blaster
Bondings may not want to create new accounts right now. Remeber that creating new accounts eventually leads to needing a new server which costs money. I'm not saying this is true but could be a possibility.
RosenCruz
Wonder how many active hosting users we currently have on Frihost. I mean web sites that actually takes visitors. Not created dummy domains ages ago. I believe not much. Who knows. We have got some very stable servers and may be a lot of people are using them without actually posting around here since no accounts are suspended due to negative points Smile
airh3ad
Quote:

He will not leave us, he will be there for us FH will be forever? btw let make things happen by supporting this site.
Blaster
airh3ad wrote:
Quote:

He will not leave us, he will be there for us FH will be forever? btw let make things happen by supporting this site.

So far he has been. Not saying it will be like this forever but the way I see it as long as we keep coming around the forums and posting he keeps getting ad revenue and keeps paying the bills.
jmraker
There is an ongoing contest that asks the thought provoking question of where bondings is and what country do you think he was/is residing in.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-159237.html

Since that contest, he has made 2 posts about the issues of the servers.
deanhills
jmraker wrote:
There is an ongoing contest that asks the thought provoking question of where bondings is and what country do you think he was/is residing in.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-159237.html

Since that contest, he has made 2 posts about the issues of the servers.
True. But the contest excluded "forced" admin action type posts. Got to be a genuine post. And I think you quoted the wrong contest. It was this one by Truespeed:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-158010.html
Quote:
*The post can be anywhere on the forums or blogs,the only post that won't count is in the event of a forced post due to a server crash or something similar.
johans
The last time i saw bondings post is July 6. Regarding server migration. Any news for bondings? I hope his doing fined.
Blaster
I'd assume hes doing well if he can still come in and deal with the servers and such. I'm sure he is just busy and doesn't have time to answer everyones questions.
sonam
Blaster wrote:
I'd assume hes doing well if he can still come in and deal with the servers and such. I'm sure he is just busy and doesn't have time to answer everyones questions.

Of course he is busy but day by day he will loose old members, too, because forum is every day less interesting. On the end frihost will die. I don't think he need to buy new server because if he remove all inactive members he can start to share this space. If frihost start to growing and incoming is start to growing then he can buy new server.

But the main problem is creating good stuff who can handle all needs for him.

Sonam
Blaster
It would be nice for him to make a few active staff members. Especially account creators. But who knows if that is going to happen.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
It would be nice for him to make a few active staff members. Especially account creators. But who knows if that is going to happen.
We've got excellent active staff members. Would be helpful if they could be more empowered though. And yes, active account creators are definitely needed. I've offered my services a number of times. Most of all, an active admin would be pretty awesome to have. Would be awesome if Marcuzzo could be given the opportunity to be one.
Blaster
I've offered my services as well. I've had the experience of being an admin/account creator on a free host forum years ago. What a pain it is but worth it at the same time.
RosenCruz
I would also be glad to help out things around. Lets see what will happen in the future of FRIH
sonam
Yeah, lot of you are ready to help but without Bondings blessing there are no progress. Sad

Sonam
airh3ad
I'm offer my free services if they need for FH.

i try to whois the site FH it will expired 2019 so there is enough time for this good free hosting services.

Quote:
Domain Name: FRIHOST.COM
Registry Domain ID: 152326249_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date:
Creation Date: 2005-04-22 16:06:16Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-04-22 16:06:16Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48

if happens the free services of FH will stop for sure sir deanhills will create hosting site:)
zacky
@airh3ad, glad you made your research.

So next year, Frihost will be on its 10 years.
RosenCruz
I hope we will see Bondings when is renewing our domain. Approx. 5 years Smile
Blaster
Its hard to believe that frihost will be 10 this year. I came in before the 1st birthday.
airh3ad
Whats the update? hmm we been hit by typhoon ruby. until now bondings no show?
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
Whats the update? hmm we been hit by typhoon ruby. until now bondings no show?
No show no communication except when something of significance has happened with the servers.
Insanity
I think it's fine that he doesn't choose to be super active in this community. I think he has probably grown into other interests over the years, and we should just be lucky that he hasn't closed this site down. As long as he relays important information like when the servers are down and such, I don't htink it's a huge problem.
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
As long as he relays important information like when the servers are down and such, I don't htink it's a huge problem.
True. Most hosts would have given in, but he somehow got Frihost to continue without his involvement and that I'm very grateful for. The hosting space I have is top notch right now. Just hope we never get into trouble with our pass word or our IP gets blocked. We'll be stuck then. May be a great idea to always have more ways of getting into your Website than just DirectAdmin or cPanel. But also FTP. WordPress is good for having an alternative access to a Website. Also a great idea to keep all of the password information in a safe place outside the Forum.
Da Rossa
I wish I could help somehow, but I don't have the necessary knowledge. This community means a *lot* to me.

Edit: still, I agree some people might be scared by Bondings' absense.
Possum
Now I'm sad... I have drifted away from FriHost.. But you guys are really helpful when I need it. So I keep coming back.

Thx Bondings.. where ever you are... FriHost has really been helpful to this Kiwi
RosenCruz
Well I would be much happier if he was around. But, anyways we have good hosting here and I will not complain Wink
airh3ad
Any update for B0ndings? hope he is doing well!
deanhills
For the last couple of years we've mostly heard from him when something has happened to the servers. Last time something happened was 1st of January when cpanel of Server 1 failed. As far as I understand (and I could be wrong as well) Bondings is 150% involved in his career projects rushing from one point to the other all of the time. No one knows what they are. What we do know is that Bondings still cares enough about the Frihost community to keep the servers up and running and in excellent shape. He has us at one of the greatest Data Centers we've ever been during Frihost's server history.

By the way airh3ad, do you still have problems with accessing your hosting account? If yes, could you PM me please.