FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you do when your burnout?

zacky
Well I know you can search in most top sites having the "generic" answer to this but I'd like to personally hear from real people what they do if they get burnout?

I have this thing like a cooling period from time to time after continuous straight hard work and no more life balance. I tried to go out with my family, mountain hiking, biking and related but still I feel like I am still tired and stress from work. I am thinking maybe I should go out with my best buddy friends, going to night party, feel like teenagers again and drink until we want.
deanhills
I've been through that as well. The only way to beat it is through very conscious "time out". Invest in a hobby that really grabs and distracts you.
grofet
I think night party and drinking alcohol until drunk is a bad way for burnout. Getting close to god, reschedule everything we have to do and make something big to achieve that we like for the future is the best way to stay happy and not easily get bored. Doing something silly is only works for a moment. Not suitable for long term. For me, the most important thing to get is getting to the heaven after i die. So i have to do everything in God's way, not our own way. Burnout is something that easy to evercome for me. It's some kind of a piece of cake.
jajarvin
I have experienced that the following issues can cause burnout:

1. To much work
  2. To much bear
  3. To much physical exercise
  4. To little physical exercise
  5. To little sleep
LonnieHoover
I would suggest you to just go for it whatever you have planned !!! Trust me it will help you to refresh !!!
Party hard & enjoy to the fullest !!!
zacky
thanks for all of your response, i'll keep that in mind will try to slowly get rid of so much stress.
chasbeen
Avoid burn out by empowering yourself.

Eg an email arrives blaming you for something and demanding action and it's also cc'd to many people.
You ignore it for a couple of days and the person who was rude begins to realise that he was rude and not only that, he's shown how rude he's been to others.
Your non response is more powerful than any reply you might have sent.

Speak the hidden language.
BigGeek
I just went through that on Sept. 29th thru Oct. 3rd I ended up working 15 to 16 hour days all week long with only 3 to 4 hours sleep a nigtht, when I got back home on Friday night Oct. 3rd I was wasted, tired, and burned out.

My suggestion is sleep. Over the weekend I slept a good 8 to 9 hours a night and took 3 or 4 naps during the day, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. I was working on putting the heads back on my car and I would work for about 2 hours, take a break, eat, sleep and work a few more hours. Last week I came home at lunch from work and slept for 20 minutes before I ate and returned to work, was in bed by 8 or 9 in the evening and back up at 6 am for work. Did the same this past weekend too. I ams starting to get my energy back today and started working out again this morning after a 2 week lay off.

I say sleep as much as you can until you get past that tired feeling and start getting your energy back!!!! Smile
spinout
Sleep, it must be the best medication. And to get sleepy I listen to an uptempo tune maybe.
tonberry
I sometimes have trouble with finding the right tool for regeneration. Static things like watching movies, gaming etc. generally work good for me, but they leave their mark - I get back energy, but then I also become dull because I don't do much and another kind of tiredness kicks in.

One thing that almost never fails is meditation. Even if your meditation boils down to pure relaxation, once you learn how to relax properly, it's ridiculously effective. I doubt there's anything that can even remotely compare Smile
deanhills
tonberry wrote:
but then I also become dull because I don't do much and another kind of tiredness kicks in.
Exactly where I am right now. The meditation idea strikes a cord as well. I've never been able to meditate, but even the attempts to meditate with thoughts wondering and sometimes falling asleep is a more constructive way to relax. I also find by just focusing on music and chanelling the mind to follow all of the cords can be relaxing too. Probably also a form of meditation.
Insanity
It's good to find a hobby that you can really get into. If you're stuck doing the same thing at work all the time it's nice ot be able to come home and do somethign you actually enjoy. That isn't to say that you shouldn't be doing a job that you don't like, but sometimes there are things that you want to do in your free time that aren't work related. Sometimes traveling helps a lot because it's a nice break from everything and you see things from a different perspective because you've been away from the places that remind you of the same old routines. You can also learn a lot about different places and people and it mgiht help you grow in the long term too.
loveandormoney
zacky wrote:
Well I know you can search in most top sites having the "generic" answer to this but I'd like to personally hear from real people what they do if they get burnout?

I have this thing like a cooling period from time to time after continuous straight hard work and no more life balance. I tried to go out with my family, mountain hiking, biking and related but still I feel like I am still tired and stress from work. I am thinking maybe I should go out with my best buddy friends, going to night party, feel like teenagers again and drink until we want.

Accept help from friends. This is the best way. They can see much more than You.
Let them make suggest and ask them what went wrong in Your life.
loveandormoney
zacky wrote:

Accept help from friends. This is the best way. They can see much more than You.
Let them make suggest and ask them what went wrong in Your life.
Blaster
I take some time off an get away. Try to go on vacation somewhere. I'm currently in that period where work and everything else just all finally became too much and I'm taking a little time to myself to get other things taken care of which really helped me.
deanhills
I need to take a break as well. Has been pretty suspenseful with waiting to see whether my contract will be renewed. In the end, right at the eleventh hour, my contract was signed on 7th of October for nine months. Don't know where they get these fractions from. But at least it's bought me some extra time. Except, feel I need at least a month to get back into the stride of things. May go on a break as well.
loveandormoney
Blaster wrote:
I take some time off an get away. Try to go on vacation somewhere. I'm currently in that period where work and everything else just all finally became too much and I'm taking a little time to myself to get other things taken care of which really helped me.

Is runaway the solution? Can You solve every problem and every burnout problem with run away? How far do You have to run a away for clean Yourself? And do Your friends help You for example moving on?
Blaster
Get away not run away. Separate yourself from the problem for a few days.
deanhills
I find physical activity as suggested by Blaster the only way to "break away". Like the body extends the mind that way by moving from A to B, instead of regenerating in one spot, ruminating and turning things over and over. Usually my best insights come when I'm disconnected through physical activity. Like the ideas pop in from nowhere.
loveandormoney
Blaster wrote:

And then you ll have the catastrophe.

Because all problems now will grow and they will hunt You.
spinout
press gas and brake at the same time ??? Well mentally I become a murderer. And it seems to fix the problem-
Blaster
loveandormoney wrote:
Blaster wrote:

And then you ll have the catastrophe.

Because all problems now will grow and they will hunt You.

I mean it all depends on what the problem is in the first place. I know that I've been working a lot recently and it all got to me and I took a couple of days off to get other things done and now I feel a lot better and more accomplished.
zacky
Its kinda surprise that many people posted and response to my post.

Well I would just like to share how things going on me now.

Here are the things I did by far and it is looking good.

1. The first thing I did was to pause for the whole day. I went to my parent's house, going to my old room where I stay when I was living with them, then lay down to the bed and just relax. Then every memories comes back when I was energetic all the time. I started to play my old boombox (cassette), then slam my self to the wall until I get tired. Then after few hours, my mom cook for me my favorite dish and I feel refresh and reborn. I did all this by talking to my wife admitting that I am in stress and almost getting depressed as I am getting to the point that I don't know where I am going, why I am working so hard and I forgot who I used to be.

2. After that, with all my parents advice, I started to plan my day. I started to make sure that I will only do what I did plan for the day and won't do any extra curricular activities that will trigger stress. Then when at home, I never open my emails, phone calls and text messages, facebook and yes computer. What I did was playing with my son, then help my wife on the household things.

3. After a week doing what in #1 and #2, well I started to feel refresh. I go to park with my family having picnic while reading books feeling like its 90's. Then I planned to have one day with my friends. We did not go too far but on the nearest river. We go fishing, while drinking beer, sharing our thoughts and ideas we had for the past months we never saw each others. Then of course there comes the jokes, who is the leader and everything.

So what did I realize?

The best solution to this as I can think of is managing your time and placing your interest at the right time, at the right place, at the right moment. I stop becoming a super hero at the office but instead just doing the job that they gave meeting their expectations and what I can just do. Before I always like to stay office for long hours but now I go home exactly 9 working hours only (including breaks).

Now what's next?

Well I know life wouldn't always like these. There are always ups and down so what I am aiming is the word "consistency". Now not only becoming healthy and feeling refresh but also you feel young ready to engage. I now often smile and laugh like I always do before. And lastly, I now realize, its OKAY to make mistakes, to do silly things from time to time because it makes you better person.
deanhills
Today's "cure" was simple. 9.5 hours solid, uninterrupted sleep. After weeks of insomnia. Energy after I woke up was pretty amazing.
zacky
deanhills wrote:
Today's "cure" was simple. 9.5 hours solid, uninterrupted sleep. After weeks of insomnia. Energy after I woke up was pretty amazing.

Are you tired before you sleep? Or did you took any medicine?
I just got that much sleep when I drink alcohol beverages.
I notice that since I got marriage, the longest was 7 hours but mostly are just 6 hrs.
For the past 3 years, I cannot think any day I had that much sleep.
loveandormoney
spinout wrote:
press gas and brake at the same time ??? Well mentally I become a murderer. And it seems to fix the problem-

You describe the problem very well.

Run away is driving
run away from family or job
is driving away.

Thinking after running away about the problem
ist stopping the car.

So You break every car. So You break every body.
deanhills
zacky wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I notice that since I got marriage, the longest was 7 hours but mostly are just 6 hrs.
That was a one in a million years sleep of that duration. I was TOTALLY exhausted after going without sleep for days, like snatching one or two hours here and there. I'm going through it again.
spinout
Or change the tires, so you can do it again... Until the cortisol runs out, and you get your immune system down as a reaction
Blaster
Sometimes a nice long car ride is what it takes to get back to normal again.
zacky
deanhills wrote:
zacky wrote:
deanhills wrote:

That was a one in a million years sleep of that duration. I was TOTALLY exhausted after going without sleep for days, like snatching one or two hours here and there. I'm going through it again.

Witwiw. That is impressive. I know I am work-a-holic doing two jobs at the same time but I don't do that much sleepless days and nights.
zacky
Blaster wrote:
Sometimes a nice long car ride is what it takes to get back to normal again.

@blaster, I really liked this! I'll try this some other time with road music filling up my ear.
deanhills
A car ride is great. Got to move to a different country however, not very far to drive around here in the UAE. Used to do plenty of that in South Africa. Most interesting places to just get lost in.
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
zacky wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Why Your friends refuse to help You?

Are they angry with You?
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
deanhills wrote:
zacky wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Are they angry with You?
Think you got it all wrong LM. I didn't mention any friends. Just sheer exhaustion.
Blaster
A long car ride is always fun. It shows you that there is more out there. Plus it lets you be worry free for a bit.
deanhills
When I drive, or when I'm a passenger in a car/bus, my mind always seems to go into a relax mode. Insights pop up from nowhere.
zacky
This getting excited when I saw response about long ride in a bus or car.

New places, new people, new food, culture and everything.
Blaster
Long rides can be bad though. I've had some rides where because you are sitting down so long it becomes uncomfortable.
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
deanhills wrote:
zacky wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Are they angry with You?
Think you got it all wrong LM. I didn't mention any friends. Just sheer exhaustion.

Thats it.

This is the reason I mentioned friends.

Because it is the best way to solve problems.
They can see more than You.
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:

That is true. But a good start would be some sleep first. I've been getting plenty of that lately, so looks as though things are improving a little insomnia wise.
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

That is true. But a good start would be some sleep first. I've been getting plenty of that lately, so looks as though things are improving a little insomnia wise.

Is Your experience
people with problems and or burnout
can sleep well and do they have sweet dreams?
Blaster
Sleep is a big problem. Most people don't get enough. Not getting enough rest causes people to get stressed out and eventually burn out. Thats in my experiences at least.
loveandormoney
Food is the bigger problem.
Humans
who have problems with burnout

cannot go to the toilet.
Then no sleep is the second problem.
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
Food is the bigger problem.
Humans
who have problems with burnout

cannot go to the toilet.
Then no sleep is the second problem.
You forgot to add poor digestion. Think less, relax more, digest better, go to toilet, and sleep better.
Laughing
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
A car ride is great. Got to move to a different country however, not very far to drive around here in the UAE. Used to do plenty of that in South Africa. Most interesting places to just get lost in.

I prefer
solve problems
become healthy
then take the car and darling
and enjoy the ride.

Driving a car with burnout is boring.

Do You have other experiences.
Blaster
I disagree. For me driving my truck makes me happy. Or I'll take one of the other cars out. To me I like going and getting lost. It lets me also lose some of the smaller problems.
deanhills
Me too. I'm sure there must be something in being moved that totally relaxes human beings. Take babies for example. They get moved in a pram around the block and they get lulled and quiet almost instantly. Guess human beings are made to move. Sitting just in one spot is naturally depressing. Unless you can use your mind to transport you to different places. Razz
Blaster
Thats a good point with babies. Never thought of it that way but maybe it does have something to do with relaxing the mind.
deanhills
It definitely does. I was sitting in the back of a mini-bus today and didn't take long for me to fall half asleep.
loveandormoney
Blaster wrote:
I disagree. For me driving my truck makes me happy. Or I'll take one of the other cars out. To me I like going and getting lost. It lets me also lose some of the smaller problems.

This is the solution.
You like to drive the truck.
You enjoy to drive the druck.
You earn a lot of money by driving Your truck.
You are happy and You live without burnout.
Insanity
Listening to music helps me relax after a long day. Also a nice cold beer helps a lot when I'm exhausted and burned out.
Blaster
Driving actually costs me a lot of money doesn't really make me any money.
loveandormoney
Insanity wrote:
Listening to music helps me relax after a long day. Also a nice cold beer helps a lot when I'm exhausted and burned out.

So the Beatles can heal

Burnout with

All You need is love.
Maybe we shall tell this all hospitals worldwide:

Hey Jude.
loveandormoney
Marios wrote:
Cheap FIFA 15 Coins for good player!

Link:http://www.xyfifa.com/

Before or after burnout?
Serkuuz
Valeriana in tablets)