FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Digital manga vs Paperback

codersfriend
Which do you prefer, reading digital manga (in tablets, computer, etc) or buying a paper issue of the manga?
Insanity
I like the convenience of reading online because there's so much more available and readily accessible from your fingertips. You can download as much as you want and there's a huge selection. While it's nice to have something in your hand, often it's better on a screen because there's so much more you can read. It also depends on the size of the comic; I have found that with larger comics, it's better to have the actual version because it makes it difficult to navigate -- you have to keep zooming and panning with your mouse which isn't an ideal situation.
william
Digital manga is probably the number one use for my tablet. And it's actually quite a decent experience with a much better selection than printed copies (after all, some only have fan localizations). The only problems I have are the delay between flipping pages, as well as the clunkiness introduced by two page spreads (do you read only one page of the two at once, or put it in landscape trying to get the whole thing in?).

With that said, whenever my library has manga I want to read available, I check it out. And truthfully, I much prefer it. There's just something I prefer about looking at paper instead of a bright white background. Combine that with the ease of flipping pages, superior detail, and the lower weight, it really does become the better experience.
Oleksandr_Koryttsev
Digital, of course, this is comfortable for me
Snowwellz
Oh my God, You have it exactly as I find all respects.