FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is the best adware removal program ?

webseabpo
Adware especially the ones which come from the internet and open pop up ads in the IE , Firefix or Chrome are the most annoying ones. Anyone has any idea which is the best adware removal program ??
Marcuzzo
webseabpo wrote:
Adware especially the ones which come from the internet and open pop up ads in the IE , Firefix or Chrome are the most annoying ones. Anyone has any idea which is the best adware removal program ??

the best anti-malware out there is common sense. don't download warez, don't download stuff from sites that offer software for free while the official software is not free. always scan your files on -and offline ( for instance at http://virustotal.com )

what operating system do you have?
what antivirus/firewall sollution are you using?
RosenCruz
Marcuzzo wrote:
webseabpo wrote:

the best anti-malware out there is common sense. don't download warez, don't download stuff from sites that offer software for free while the official software is not free. always scan your files on -and offline ( for instance at http://virustotal.com )

what operating system do you have?
what antivirus/firewall sollution are you using?

Graet answer Marcuzzo
Da Rossa
Yeah I was about to say the same: common sense. Do not venture into obscure sites. Do not click everything you see. Always point the mouse to a link or image with link to see where it sends you. Refrain from clicking shortened URLs, you can't see where they lead you.

If you're more into security, try using something like kaspersky Internet security or Comodo Internet Security. I prefer the latter. Takes some time to configure and for it to learn what is friendly and what is not, but it is a good thing.

Moreover, Comodo Internet Security comes with the Virtual Kiosk, which includes a nice Browser forked from Google Chrome named Comodo Dragon. You can enable the virtual mode so nothing you see or click while browsing though it will be transfered to your actual hard drive. It works in a sandbox.
Chogart
I've been in a situation where I needed one of those tools. And the one I got on is called AdwCleaner. You can find it here: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

It did a pretty nice job and solved my problem in no time.
mrkk
Avast Antivirus is a good antivirus that, if I remember correctly, can scan your computer for unwanted software (checking a database of logged unwanted software) and remove it for you. The best part is that Avast is free. I used it for many years back when I used Microsoft Windows.