FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

G7/G8

loveandormoney
Why there is G7 instead of G8.
Because of Kiew there should be G8 much better.
WendyD
Everything is easy - Russia decided to play in empire. It's not a surprise that all large states strongly condemned these Russia's games.
Of course, to have a war with Russia - isn't safe and is foolishly. It's much more effective to cool her ardor with economic sanctions.
coolclay
Wendy while I think you are definitely right about Russia, the saddest part is that the US probably is as much an imperialistic nation than Russia. The only difference is that we hide it much better than Russia.
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
Wendy while I think you are definitely right about Russia, the saddest part is that the US probably is as much an imperialistic nation than Russia. The only difference is that we hide it much better than Russia.
Totally agreed. We've just been having this same discussion at another Forum. For me it's all the same anywhere in the world. The style is just a little different. Some Governments do the CHA CHA and others Tango! But basically they all play the same games of manipulation, lies, deception, and sacrificing ethics and prostituting themselves with big business. I'd say in some cases it is even worse in the US than in Russia. As in the US there is a need for bigger lies and hiding things. In Russia those in Government seem to be allowed to own large shares in big corporations. They don't have to hide it as much.
handfleisch
deanhills wrote:
coolclay wrote:
Totally agreed. We've just been having this same discussion at another Forum. For me it's all the same anywhere in the world. The style is just a little different. Some Governments do the CHA CHA and others Tango! But basically they all play the same games of manipulation, lies, deception, and sacrificing ethics and prostituting themselves with big business. I'd say in some cases it is even worse in the US than in Russia. As in the US there is a need for bigger lies and hiding things. In Russia those in Government seem to be allowed to own large shares in big corporations. They don't have to hide it as much.

No there's no comparison between the US and Russia in that way. Or if you insist on comparing, then the USA comes out looking great.
Compare life in 1985 in West Germany vs life in East Germany. Compare the progress from 1945 to 1990 of all of western Europe to the basketcase of eastern Europe during the Russian domination.
Compare life now in Czech Republic or Slovenia under the western influence compared to life in Moldova.
Compare NATO countries, and how NATO does not use NATO partnership as an excuse to occupy or change the member governments, to countries under Russian domination. Look what Russia did with its military base in Crimea--it used the base as an excuse and an HQ to invade, occupy and annex parts of the Ukraine.
A big difference is that countries are begging to be a part of the west/NATO/EU while Russia has to threaten and to invade to have any influence in Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania etc.
Putin has wrecked the reputation of Russia once again and no one with any sense of democracy or freedom wants anything to do with his Russia.
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:

Compare NATO countries, and how NATO does not use NATO partnership as an excuse to occupy or change the member governments, to countries under Russian domination. Look what Russia did with its military base in Crimea--it used the base as an excuse and an HQ to invade, occupy and annex parts of the Ukraine.
A big difference is that countries are begging to be a part of the west/NATO/EU while Russia has to threaten and to invade to have any influence in Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania etc.
Putin has wrecked the reputation of Russia once again and no one with any sense of democracy or freedom wants anything to do with his Russia.
That's a good point to make. Probably need to qualify what I've written with that the US is not as democratic as it appears to be. In the sense that there are "invisible" limits on how much personal freedom individuals have in comparison with what is being advocated versus countries like Russia. For example technically the US Banks seem to be owning citizens' money thanks to legislation from Government so that they can sell their own investment products and deal in properties. Government seems to have almost boundless power for surveillance of its citizens. All it needs to do is to refer to alleged acts of terrorism that hasn't been proven yet. Ditto also right of access to e-mails. That kind of lack of freedom.
handfleisch
deanhills wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

That's a good point to make. Probably need to qualify what I've written with that the US is not as democratic as it appears to be. In the sense that there are "invisible" limits on how much personal freedom individuals have in comparison with what is being advocated versus countries like Russia. For example technically the US Banks seem to be owning citizens' money thanks to legislation from Government so that they can sell their own investment products and deal in properties. Government seems to have almost boundless power for surveillance of its citizens. All it needs to do is to refer to alleged acts of terrorism that hasn't been proven yet. Ditto also right of access to e-mails. That kind of lack of freedom.

Oh I agree in general. Freedom in the USA is doing pretty good except for economic freedom.
The surveillance worries are overblown, however. The US gov does not have "boundless power" at all. I'm not too worried about the electronic storage of my metadata in case it's needed later, as long as there are controls and oversight on the process, which there is.
Da Rossa
Russia (Putin) is only carrying on the Eurasian agenda, idealised by Putin's guru Alexandr Dugin.
chormar
loveandormoney wrote:
Why there is G7 instead of G8.
Because of Kiew there should be G8 much better.

Putin is an aggressor. Of sanctions can not cancel. Ukraine suffers from the Kremlin's policies
chormar
Two years ago nobody thought Ukraine would be fighting for its freedom in a hybrid war instigated by Russia.

This is a new type of war: with soldiers without identifying marks, civilians as a shield, local terrorism and diversions, propaganda, cyber-terrorism and diplomatic double-dealings. Is Europe ready for such a type of conflict?

You think this war is somewhere far away?
Ukraine is in the center of Europe!