FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Corporations - The SCUM of our society

BigGeek
I used to think religion was the bane of mankind's existence in that more people have been murdered for not accepting a particular belief than for any other reason on the planet.

I now think that corporations and their executives are the bane of our society - they ignore every law put in place to protect citizens and then use any method going to harass them and extort their time and money. It is sick and twisted and I wish we could send in the US Armed forces on these people and shoot them like the scum they are and put them out of our collective misery.

OK here is the deal - in 2006 during a divorce I purchased my house back from my psycho ex wife with a first and second mortgage through HSBC and GMAC. In 2009 to February of 2010 I was unemployed and defaulted on both mortgage payments. In Feb. 2010 got a job, and HSBC granted a temporary renegotiation GMAC gave me a permanent renegotiation and rolled all the missed payments into the renegotiated loan.

After 6 months of renegotiated payments with HSBC they denied a continuation of the renegotiation and put the payment right back up at the unaffordable amount. I hired a lawyer tried to get a renegotiation, spent over 10K, never got it, and had to declare Bankruptcy Oct. of 2012 and short sale the house. That was on the first mortgage. House was short sold in May of 2013.

Second Mortgage with GMAC after they renegotiated was sold to Green Tree in July of 2010. I made payments on this loan until Bankruptcy attorney Oct. 2012 told me to stop, and in the Bankruptcy since I made every effort to mitigate the loses of the mortgage companies the Bankruptcy Judge discharged the entire debt and gave the Mortgage companies nothing for their losses. House was short sold, debts cancelled and all was good - so I thought.

Starting in July of 2014 a company named OCWEN who assumed all of GMAC mortgages is now claiming I owe them 6 months worth of back payments on a loan they never had - GMAC had it, and now they are reporting it on my credit report.

When I call them they are asking me to prove I don't owe the money, and there is no one in their credit reporting department that I can speak with or a contact number.

I am again left with hiring an attorney to dispute this!!!

I am stunned and honestly can I send in the Marines and have them shoot these scum bags as terrorists!!! Honestly!!!!
deanhills
I feel the same about corporations and Governments who back those corporations. Most of these grievous sins started when the Banking industry managed to get legislation repealed that disallowed them to do both banking and investment and insurance at the same time. Nowadays they are selling almost anything including DEBT rolled over many times and changing ownership many times over!!!! Imagine your very old and conservative bank manager who would have turned around a few times in his grave if he could have seen what the BIG banking corporations are doing these days. And of course they are in cahoots with all of the other greedy professions. The accountants, the lawyers, etc. etc. and all the other cockroaches living off people who are feeding their greed. Being responsible indirectly for billions of dollars that have been moved from your middle class to the fat corporate rats since that law was changed and bankers got their fingers dirty with investments and "defrauding" their clients by flogging them investments to the extent that I don't feel that it is "my money" any longer. The moment you start business with the Bank, it is essentially a one-sided affair where I am on the losing side. Better to put my money under my mattress.

Really sorry what you've been put through. Evil or Very Mad
standready
deanhills wrote:
Most of these grievous sins started when the Banking industry managed to get legislation repealed that disallowed them to do both banking and investment and insurance at the same time.

Agree! Here in the US when banks started doing the same thing (banking, investment insurance, etc) they became greedy and the government backed them and even bailed out (chosen ones) when things went bad.

@BigGeek: that is so sad. Put out your court papers. Contact the BBB for help too.
BigGeek
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Most of these grievous sins started when the Banking industry managed to get legislation repealed that disallowed them to do both banking and investment and insurance at the same time.

Agree! Here in the US when banks started doing the same thing (banking, investment insurance, etc) they became greedy and the government backed them and even bailed out (chosen ones) when things went bad.

@BigGeek: that is so sad. Put out your court papers. Contact the BBB for help too.

I have contacted the BBB they are powerless - OCWEN is like HSBC they have tens of thousands of complaints out all over the web on numerous consumer sites, the BBB is flooded with complaints on them ..... THEY DO NOT CARE!! Banks like this could care less about public opinion and customer service. These ratings are meaningless to them - they care about money, and they have no obligation to anything other than increasing their money at the expense of the customers and in my case even people that are not their customers.

OCWEN lost a suit and was ordered to pay 125 million to home owners in 49 states for Mortgage Fraud - To date they have done nothing. The Government can't even make these organizations conform to their laws!!! They can do what they want to who they want at any time, and even in the face of class action lawsuits and hard hitting judgments against them they do not have to obey - they ignore all of it and keep doing what they do.

If you or I behaved this way we would have a swat team on our front door step - these guys pull this crap and everyone eats it or looks the other way!!!

It is sad and sick!!
RosenCruz
There is so much to talk about so called "Corporation" or "Company". We have to look at the history of the structure for a better understanding
coolclay
What a horror story man! The mistakes and sins of the common man will never be forgotten but let the bankers make an intentional mistake and not only do they get away with it legally but we also bail them out with tax money. Hearing stories like this really make me sick to my stomach that the banker scum sitting high on their horses gambling with other peoples money can get away with literally anything financially and yet here you are getting screwed over repeatedly.

All you have to do is follow the money. My cousin-in-law just graduated with a bachelors in financial something or other. Interned at a investment firm and now the year after she graduated is making more money than I have ever made working my entire life! While I am happy for her and wish her well there is something wrong with the fact that the hardest working folks make some of the least amounts of money.
BigGeek
coolclay wrote:
What a horror story man! The mistakes and sins of the common man will never be forgotten but let the bankers make an intentional mistake and not only do they get away with it legally but we also bail them out with tax money. Hearing stories like this really make me sick to my stomach that the banker scum sitting high on their horses gambling with other peoples money can get away with literally anything financially and yet here you are getting screwed over repeatedly.

All you have to do is follow the money. My cousin-in-law just graduated with a bachelors in financial something or other. Interned at a investment firm and now the year after she graduated is making more money than I have ever made working my entire life! While I am happy for her and wish her well there is something wrong with the fact that the hardest working folks make some of the least amounts of money.

I agree, make a mistake and loose millions of investment dollars and screw over the middle class, and you get a bail out and a big party with Tax payers money, go from 110K a year down to 68K a year and default on your mortgage, declare bankruptcy AND YOU NEVER EVER LIVE IT DOWN!!!!

My nephew is like your cousin-in-law, he has a masters in finance and has a six sigma certification and a ITIL certification and makes over a 150K a year outsourcing peoples jobs - bragging to me over and over again about how cheap labor, land, and infrastructure is overseas and how much more companies can make by outsourcing their labor to foreign countries.

My degree is in Geophysics and I'm a network engineer and I have never seen that kind of money in my life, and made the mistake of buying up in a house when I did have the big income - Gotta Love it!!!! Cool

Every job I've ever held I have made my employer lots of money - even now I am directly responsible for over 5.5 million in wireless equipment sales - and I promise you I will never see any real bonus from it - It pays to screw people over not to actually make employers money!!! Confused
deanhills
BigGeek wrote:

Every job I've ever held I have made my employer lots of money - even now I am directly responsible for over 5.5 million in wireless equipment sales - and I promise you I will never see any real bonus from it - It pays to screw people over not to actually make employers money!!! Confused
Can you start your own online business? Move to a country where there are no taxes payable. And where that technology is much needed.
jmraker
deanhills wrote:
BigGeek wrote:

Can you start your own online business? Move to a country where there are no taxes payable. And where that technology is much needed.

If BigGeek started his own online business he could hire the right employees that could earn him millions of dollars. It would be up to him to decide how to best use those millions... invest in more employees, pay more to his employees, bribe politicians, summon satan, skip town, become a philanthropist, give it all to a charity, become batman or iron-man (to replace the scum of society corporate executive "hero"), pay off some of his college debt, etc
BigGeek
jmraker wrote:
deanhills wrote:
BigGeek wrote:

If BigGeek started his own online business he could hire the right employees that could earn him millions of dollars. It would be up to him to decide how to best use those millions... invest in more employees, pay more to his employees, bribe politicians, summon satan, skip town, become a philanthropist, give it all to a charity, become batman or iron-man (to replace the scum of society corporate executive "hero"), pay off some of his college debt, etc

Actually I have started my own online business, I have my blog up, and I am involved with a network marketing company Global 1 Entertainment. I have an up line that is mentoring me, and I follow John Chow and a few other bloggers that make incredible income on line. I personally hope to be one of those guys in the next 10 years that you read about that went from the dumper to the mansion by making millions on line. I also promise you that when I make it I will provide my readers with FREE step by step instructions on what I did to get there and spare them the hour long videos where some idiot talks the whole time about "HOW MUCH MONEY HE MAKES ON LINE" how his formula is so easy and he is going to give it to you for free, and then never tells you a damn thing about it, and asks for a three hundred dollar payment at the end for his free course......uh yeah!!

Give me some time, I'll figure it out and how to make money and I'll give it away - because if these folks are actually making big bucks on line then all they need to do is get you in their system and working with many subscribers rather than sell what they are doing!!!
Afaceinthematrix
I don't know much about economics but, to me, the problem seems cyclic. Right now too many jobs are overseas. That has partly ruined our economy and created high unemployment. Because unemployment and underemployment are high, wages are stagnant and low. For instance, I am back in the job market and I'm pursuing a few opportunities right now and what I don't want these opportunities to know (although I am sure that they do know this) is that I am a little desperate and that they'll be able to get me rather cheaply. Because they'll be able to get me cheaply, my wages aren't going to be high enough to fully support our economy by buying "Made in America." I'll be going to Walmart and buying cheap crap (although I'll always buy locally produced and more expensive when I can afford it because it'll probably last longer and be cheaper in the long run). This perpetuates the problem.

To bring jobs back home, people have to start protesting with their wallets. To protest with their wallets, we need a good job market. To have a good job market, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. And the cycle continues....

I see no reason why executives would want to pay better wages when people are knocking on the door asking for work. And because politicians are corrupt everywhere, there's really no reason why they should follow laws (unless it's a law that they bribed someone to get passed). It's just business.
BigGeek
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I don't know much about economics but, to me, the problem seems cyclic. Right now too many jobs are overseas. That has partly ruined our economy and created high unemployment. Because unemployment and underemployment are high, wages are stagnant and low. For instance, I am back in the job market and I'm pursuing a few opportunities right now and what I don't want these opportunities to know (although I am sure that they do know this) is that I am a little desperate and that they'll be able to get me rather cheaply. Because they'll be able to get me cheaply, my wages aren't going to be high enough to fully support our economy by buying "Made in America." I'll be going to Walmart and buying cheap crap (although I'll always buy locally produced and more expensive when I can afford it because it'll probably last longer and be cheaper in the long run). This perpetuates the problem.

To bring jobs back home, people have to start protesting with their wallets. To protest with their wallets, we need a good job market. To have a good job market, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets. To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. And the cycle continues....

I see no reason why executives would want to pay better wages when people are knocking on the door asking for work. And because politicians are corrupt everywhere, there's really no reason why they should follow laws (unless it's a law that they bribed someone to get passed). It's just business.

You are so correct in this post. I am the same way, used to make about 110K a year for IBM and AT&T when my jobs were outsourced and sent overseas, to stay employed I had to take a 60K a year pay cut, and have managed to work my way back up to 40K a year below my former income. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never see that sort of an income again from a job - I might see it from my own blog site, or network marketing opportunity, but never from a job.

I am like you, I try and buy made is USA as much as possible. Problem is that many of the industries I deal with no longer carry anything from USA manufacturers if there are any left. For example the auto parts industry almost everything the parts stores carry are made in China. Like shopping at Walmart, which I hate doing and avoid Walmart as much as possible. Although shopping at Target or any other type of store typically carries the exact same crap made in China.

Your paragraph about "To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets." is so true, if I made more money I would make an honest effort to buy everything made in USA, but because some industries only stock items made in China, and in some cases buying made in USA is so expensive that is makes it economically unfeasible on a personal level.

As far as China goes, I'm OK with them wanting to take over the worlds manufacturing, if they can produce products for less I can understand businesses wanting to cut costs and produce products for less.

My only response to China wanting to take over the worlds manufacturing is if they are going to push for that - it sure would be nice if they produced products that are worth a crap - it saves me no money to have to buy it twice because it is a cheap piece of crap that fails Rolling Eyes

Not every consumer wants the cheapest product on the market and cares nothing about quality - I would say most people only buy cheap crap because that's all they can afford - but you already pointed that out.

BTW - Conspiracy theory folks are all over your line about "To protest with our wallets, we need jobs back home. To get jobs back home, we need to protest with our wallets." and they are convinced that destroying the middle class was done to keep us from doing exactly that "Protesting with our wallets". I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of guy - but then again truth is truth even if it is a conspiracy theory Cool