FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Learning MySQL....

telltheworld
I know HTML and Javascript -- do you think that learning MySQL would be easy if I already know those? Do you know of any great resources for learning MySQL online? Would like to add this skill to my resume. Thank you. Very Happy
Peterssidan
If you are going to use it for making websites I suggest you learn PHP (or some other server side language) first because you can't do much with MySQL alone.
Nyasro
w3schools.com is the best place for beginner to learn either PHP or MySQL.
Hope this helps.
jajarvin
I have used this Mysql tutorial .
It easy to use and I like it a lot.
zacky
Peterssidan wrote:
If you are going to use it for making websites I suggest you learn PHP (or some other server side language) first because you can't do much with MySQL alone.

I totally agree. Normally you can't live with just MySQL alone as it needs server side language to be able to use..
codersfriend
Hi I think this should have been posted on the php mysql thread. anyway mysql is different from html but you can still somehow benefit in code structuring but for the whole run, skill you need won't affect much. But of course you would still need some programming knowledge especially when you're making stored procedures
Possum
Quote:
I have used this Mysql tutorial .

Looks good thx
amagard
I think mySQL ( or SQL in general ) can not be compared to HTML. HTML is just a markup language to define layout and content of a web page. Javascript is a programming language so it better compares with SQL, but still very different.
To properly understand SQL is helps to understand the concept of relational databases.

Nevertheless, once you are ready to try out your first SQL code SQLFiddle ( http://sqlfiddle.com/#!2/a2581/1 ) is a great site to define a database schema on the fly and then throw your queries against it.
playfungames
If you are keen on learning, then you can learn anything. Learning MySQL is quite different from HTML and Javascript. But if you know how how computers and databases are like, then you will certainly be able to learn MySQL quickly. I think that MySQL is best when it is learned in combination with PHP. You design websites using JavaScript and HTML, program them using PHP and use MySQL databases for your data storing needs.