FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone here use Joomla? How do you like it?

telltheworld
I am considering a position where they want Joomla experience, but I have none. I am willing to dive in and learn it, but wanted to hear from others what their own experience has been in learning Joomla. Thank you! Very Happy
Nyasro
I am wordpress developer and wanted to jump into joomla too Smile
Insanity
I've heard that it is pretty good software, but around my area most people use Drupal. I think it wouldn't be bad to get experience with it, and I think working with CMS in general is good, because a lot of experience will probably carry over to other ones like Wordpress or Drupal. The specifics may be different, but some of the skills might translate pretty well. And if you include the fact that a lot of websites nowadays are working on CMS (like the White House website is even on Drupal), it's definitely a useful skill to have!
grofet
i'm using drupal for several my of websites. I Never try joomla before. Maybe someday if i have a lot of spare time i would like to try joomla free cms script.
DarkTexas
Well, ive heard good things about it, that's why Iam trying to use it now. But I think Joomla is a thing where you need to try everything before knowing how it works Smile

cheers
Dark
coolclay
I've messed around with it, but as with anything it takes lots of practice. I eventually gave up because I don't have enough free time and web design for me is just a hobby.
kakurine
I've been using joomla for months now. And it's easy to use considering that I never had any background about web designing or hosting before.
Although, I'm planning to try learn wordpress so that I can be more flexible.
Rakatravel
I am also in the process of trying out Joomla
Da Rossa
So, whats your take for the time being, people? Drupal or Joomla? I've heard Joomla can do pretty much everything and is very "modular" (they also use the so-called modules) but they say Drupal, although harder to master, is even more powerful. WordPress would be the other extreme: easy to master, but not as powerful.

Am I correct?