FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you spend your weekend?

zimmer
I am just curious on how do you spend your weekend?

I wanted to spend it well but it also consumes too much money; I am wondering how can i spend it without spending too much money.

Staying at home is fine but of course if you got family then much better if you go out also and visit beach or other adventure area.
sonam
I like to go on hiking or cycling. Not something to heavy just for fun and relaxation. Approximately six, seven hours (all together - driving, hiking, rest, etc.). You can take food and drink from home. I don't like to go in some restaurant, maybe I will drink one beer, but this is more like award when I reach on the goal. Wink

If you find good place where you will hiking or cycling (not to heavy for anyone) it can be very funny and nice experience for all family.

Sonam
tonberry
Most of my weekends I spend with my girlfriend. Sometimes we go out, but most of the time it's static. We need to do more stuff in town, because a lot of interesting things are happening where I live during weekends, but we're too lazy for it most of the time and the money is tight.

I guess there are two kinds of people: those who relax by resting from the world and those who regenerate by partying to oblivion. I'm more of a "#%&* off world" during my days off the hook with endless "have tos" and "must dos" so I can do them again with a smile on my face come monday.

Thank God I don't have children yet!
deanhills
It varies. Mostly I try and catch up on sleep I lost during the week with working quite hard. But sometimes I get to do boring things like cleaning house (when I really kick myself to do it), or taking the night out in Dubai, or invited to dinner or something. No weekend is really the same.
supermanlovejan
Just relax. ........just do what I want.......no need to rushing. .......
Sleep, reading. .........
cybersa
If I'm in home means,i will enjoy with my families.
If I'm in college room means,i will play with friends like cricket,lan game etc...
RosenCruz
Mostly at home. I m not the kind of type to get in town. So many people out there at weekends.
Nyasro
I spend playing with computer... doing this, that, watching, etc etc just with computer. Neutral
catscratches
Studying...
Adalew
Watching TV or playing games with my new game console JXD S7800b
jajarvin
My weekend rules:

1. No working
  2. Lots of bear
  3. Sleeping late
  4. Good food
  5. Just relaxing
thekingpuff
It really depends, and varies throughout the year. During the warm spring/summer months I like to spend it outside when possible. Hiking, fishing, riding, and other outdoor activities one might expect. When it gets cold and wet I like to spend it indoors. When I am indoors I like to read, play games, and watch shows/movies.
laurenzsalde
Most of the time Studying
but sometimes going out with friends and just chill out
sudipbanerjee
My week end works:
i) Playing with my sweet little girl;
ii) Some Family related works;
iii) Reading story books; and
iv) watching movies.
and sometimes small tour with my family members.
standready
Well part of Saturday gets spent doing a side job of maintenance at a condo complex. Rest of time is always up for grabs.
Blaster
I'm usually stuck working on the weekends. If I'm not working then I'm at a concert or down the shore.
chasbeen
Just spend the time on park benches. That is free. Also bring a flask of hot tea, after a while the tea get's cold but you can still drink it. Wear warm clothes for sleeping overnight and 2 coats. You can use one as a pillow or wear both to keep the cold out.
grofet
With two day off on the weekend it would be great to spend it with family inside the house or outside the house. Stay in the home with wife and children is the best thing for me. Online to the internet it's also on the weekend is also the best activity for me.
sudipbanerjee
last weekend falls between Bengalis best festival 'Durgapuja'. A lot of fun fulfilled the last weekend.
playfungames
On Fridays, I spend my time going to bars and listening to some music while drinking a beer or five. But this only happens if my group of friends decide to go pubbing. It is usually hard to gather friends since we are getting older and all.

So on the remaining days of the weekend, I spend time in my home with my family, catching up with some episodes of series (currently, I'm watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"). I also blog and build content for my own websites when I have the mood. So, you can say that nothing interesting goes on in my weekends.
Mrs_Robota
working....
zimmer
I got new activity for this weekend.

1. Working - checking my emails
2. Laundry - my clothes and pants
3. Cleaning my house
4. Checking social networking
5. Calling my families
6. Playing basketball
7. watching movies
8. Cooking my food

Very relax and good to stay at my home and my place.

I hope all of us have a good weekend. Enjoy!
RosenCruz
Draft beer is my best friend at weekends Laughing
deanhills
This weekend I spent mostly on creating a phpBB Forum. Totally immersed in it to the extent only realized now I haven't checked in at Frihost for a while. Embarassed
loveandormoney
Party.

When the weather is fine
outside

and when the weather is bad
inside.

Today
it is Sunday

Party is starting am 10 am
and we hope
the guests are awake.

(This was a joke we prefer joking instead of ugly words)
zacky
jajarvin wrote:
My weekend rules:

1. No working
  2. Lots of bear
  3. Sleeping late
  4. Good food
  5. Just relaxing

Everything is nice and achievable for me except Sleeping late and just relaxing. As a family guy, its very hard to do on weekends as this days is your only time as for me to take care of things I cannot handle during weekdays due to busy work.
Insanity
I don't really plan much to do during the weekends because sometimes I just want to relax and do nothing at home. I know that sometimes I get the urge to go out and plan something big and exciting with my friends, but a lot of times I just hang out with them at someone's house and it's nice. You don't need to be doing something wild and crazy all the time ony our weekends. I am the type of person who needs some time to recharge from the rest of the week.
mshafiq
Always with the family.some time we go out for picnic depending on weather condition and some times enjoying at home playing with kids and having BBQ.
Gwentichie
I sleep very much, and then listen to my favorite video, make my favorite dishes and go shopping
johans
This Saturday i just wash my clothes and played basketball. This Sunday plan to go to church then watch movies.

After that plan to play again basketball.

For me basketball is not just game its a lifestyle.
Miroidan
I spend my weekends smoking, drinking, coding and learning Razz
Sergiz
Do whatever I haven't done during weekdays. For example, study Smile
pravojednostavno
Relax... play games on PC or read something
playfungames
I spend my weekends by
1) Catching up the latest episodes of my favorite series
2) Hanging out with friends.
3) Going to bars
4) Creating content for my own websites (I create content for my clients during the weekdays as a freelancer).
5) Resting
johnhastings
During weekend i will Watching Tv, Washing clothes, and i will go for outing for shopping and cinemas and some more things to do.
MOUD
Sleeping late
Watch watching or series
Play some games
Hanging out with friends
Relaxing
loveandormoney
We do an Indian weekend.

An Indian Man will come and show us how to cook indian style
also hot
then we eat together

then we do 3 hours Yoga exercises.

We ll laugh a lot.
rusher
Stare at the screen for most of the time. That's how I got here and try to get a web host.
spinout
This weekend was full. Birthday party on sunday, saturday I went shopping.
loveandormoney
rusher wrote:
Stare at the screen for most of the time. That's how I got here and try to get a web host.

Why do most people here and outside the forum like to watch the screen during the weekend.

Since 1,979 we do and try bring out humans out of their houses and spend time with humans.
Are humans to ugly for You for make party with them?

Is laughing stupid?
standready
Taking care of my parent's home then my own home.
deanhills
standready wrote:
You sound like a very experienced care taker! Maybe a profession you could take up as well? Razz

I do take care of my place over the weekend, i.e. I don't allow repair jobs to wait. Only bad part is huge procrastination for cleaning my place. Not one of my favourite things to do.
loveandormoney
standready wrote:

Is cooking also fun?
jajarvin
Next Sunday is the first day of May.

In Finland, Walpurgis day (Vappu) is one of the four biggest holidays along with
Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and Midsummer (Juhannus).
Walpurgis witnesses the biggest carnival-style festival held in the streets of Finland's towns and cities.

The celebration, which begins on the evening of 30 April and continues to 1 May,
typically centres on copious consumption of sima, sparkling wine and other alcoholic beverages.

SO I am going to take it very easy. Cool

Here you can see how Walpurgis Night is celebrated in hese countries:

• Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • Germany
  • Sweden
  • Netherlands
deanhills
jajarvin wrote:

• Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • Germany
  • Sweden
  • Netherlands
Sounds great. Would be nice to attend the open air theater in Heidelberg!
airh3ad
With my family, playing with my son. biking on Sundays and find time to relax.
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:
Next Sunday is the first day of May.

In Finland, Walpurgis day (Vappu) is one of the four biggest holidays along with
Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and Midsummer (Juhannus).
Walpurgis witnesses the biggest carnival-style festival held in the streets of Finland's towns and cities.

The celebration, which begins on the evening of 30 April and continues to 1 May,
typically centres on copious consumption of sima, sparkling wine and other alcoholic beverages.

SO I am going to take it very easy. Cool

• Czech Republic
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • Germany
  • Sweden
  • Netherlands

Celebration/Festival

This is a very good idea. A Festival or a Celebration or a Holy Day or a Holyday are the best reasons to enjoy life.
Example
Sa Apr 30 08:39:45 2016
its a Saturday
the last in April
here some hundred meters away there is a Festival paid by the Government and the Church.
We met
7 am.
Saturday Students and Workers and Daddys and Mothers are out of Duty.
Gardenmeeting jogging 30 Minutes today we were 14 between 24 and 62 years old.
Most are women men fall out of bed later about noon most times.

Breakfast preparation
8 am
Breakfast mit fried potatoes coming from the fire
and tea with hot lemon juice.

9 am
we leave the house now we are 23 and the aim is the marketplace.
More will follow because I cannot see the future and its 9 am.

How do You celebrate Xmas and other partys? Watching TV and eat a dry piece of bread?
spinout
this weekend I am playing music in a band at a car meet.
loveandormoney
spinout wrote:
this weekend I am playing music in a band at a car meet.

This is a very good concept for a weekend. This concept is worth to copy.
jajarvin
Tomorrow is the Christian festival of Pentecost, Whitsunday.
Spring is lovely and I am going to enjoy it.
BigGeek
I typically spend my weekends working - Put in a few hours on my home/web business, and spend the rest of the time doing chores. Mowing the lawn, lately my wife and I have been getting the yard and garden ready for spring and summer!

Typically I get car repairs done on the weekend too, like oil changes, routine maintenance - over the last year I have been putting away $150 a month toward my car. They way I figure it, if I had a car payment on a used car it would be about that much a month. So rather than throw that money away on just paying for the car, and interest to the bank, I put it aside for new parts I can use to rebuild the car like new over the next year or so. So far this has gotten the entire suspension rebuilt in the car, front and rear, with new bushings, ball joints, control arms, struts, and springs.

Over the past 5 months I used my $150 to purchase all the parts to do the whole job, and spent this past Saturday rebuilding the front suspension, and next weekend the rear.

Not to mention the fact that if things get backed up at work I end up doing work projects on the weekend so I am not swamped and end up working 12 hour days during the weekend.

Money is always tight so if the wife and I do anything for entertainment it is usually a hike, bike ride, or some free event in town!!
spinout
This weekend was in Stockholm, well it the same Smile
williamjohn
I will spend every week end with my family members. Full of Joy and Happiness.
Da Rossa
Recently I've been wasting my weekends reading books, playing videogames, sleeping, watching TV shows and, when deadlines are pressing, working.