FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please help.

adepeter
Am pleading with you guys pls, i want to create a bulk sms script. Can anyone help me with the latest version of your best bulk sms script
rayval

adepeter wrote:

Am pleading with you guys pls, i want to create a bulk sms script. Can anyone help me with the latest version of your best bulk sms script

If you're looking for an online bulk SMS sender, there are probably quite a few of them around, so getting the script won't be your biggest issue.

Your main problem I think will be finding a hosting provider willing to allow you to run such a script on their server.

And I'm quite sure Frihost and most other free providers out there disallow this kind of stuff -- and for good reason, 'cause they eat your bandwidth and fry your CPU.

---

Edit: I think one of these 2 points in the Frihost TOS might refer to that:

Quote:

11. Any scripts running in the background on the server.

12. Cron jobs that are being executed more often than once per 15 minutes or generating a lot of cpu load.

RosenCruz
A working version of that script will not be free. And even if you find one, you will need a server of your own Wink
Simonjw
Hey,

You could go check out PHP Academy on YouTube, I am pretty sure Alex Garret on there has made a PHP sms system as a tutorial series using Laravel. I could be wrong with it being Alex at PHP Academy, but I do know one of the big tutorial providers have done this. They teach you how to code the system and then integrate it with an API from a bulk sms gateway company which is not actually badly priced if I say so myself.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
crystalkey
Setup a server on your machine, and you should be OK. You just need to be alert for notices form your ISP since the IP will be logged for any resulting SPAM complaints Smile
Simonjw
adepeter wrote:

So just to hit back here after a while searching the net. I have found an awesome open source solution for your needs. I have done some testing and on my own telecoms network I sent a vast quantity of text messages through it. Actually thinking of switching over to this and then adding on to it for our systems.

The software is called PlaySMS, you can find it at http://playsms.org/. It is definitely worth the look if you do not want to create one from scratch. There are many gateways that you can use, some even offer great international rates.

Hope this helps and you get what you need done.

Simon