FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

unable to delete files / folders

tamilparks
I am unable to delete files / folders from File Manager(frihost), its telling permission denied, how can i delete the files / folders?
amagard
I suggest to first check file permissions: who is the owner of those files ? And what are their attribute settings ?
RosenCruz
I have the same issue with same directories but they dont bother working of my web sites
deanhills
tamilparks wrote:
I am unable to delete files / folders from File Manager(frihost), its telling permission denied, how can i delete the files / folders?
Have you tried to delete them in FTP? Like FileZilla? That should work.
tamilparks
yes i tried to delete through FTP, Filezilla, but unable to delete. @ deanhills
tamilparks
amagard wrote:
I suggest to first check file permissions: who is the owner of those files ? And what are their attribute settings ?

permission is 755, 777
tamilparks
RosenCruz wrote:
I have the same issue with same directories but they dont bother working of my web sites
yes same.
Peterssidan
Are you unable to delete all files and folders or just some of them? If you try to delete a folder you need to have permission to delete all files in that folder. You haven't answered amagard's question who's the owner of the files/folders that you are trying to delete.

Note that some folders can't be deleted. The stats and awstats folder for instance. It might look like they take up a lot of space, and they do, but it doesn't count towards your quota so it is nothing to worry about.
deanhills
@tamil. Amagard's suggestion about file permissions is a good one. If you don't already know this, this is how you can change the file permissions in FTP: (FileZilla)

Also found this old support thread in Frihost (2009) about the exact same topic:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-110589.html