FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where to find the most unique culture?

MarioSiAko
I have been always searching for the most unique culture.mostly i could find that they were here in asia..so i visited thailand, indonesia, malaysia and vietnam.to those who were traveling..can you suggest additional spot?
playfungames
Well, unique cultures are found everywhere in different parts of the world. In the west there's a different culture, in east and south east asia countries like Thailand, Japan, Malaysia are worth traveling to. China, on the other hand is totally different. There's a different world out there in Africa.

Since, I am from south Asia, I know that we have a different culture and different people when compared the world. Here we have countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Maldives and of course my country, Nepal. Visit this part of the world if you want to experience something quite different from any other parts of the world. We have different religions (Hinduism majority and there is also Buddhism and Islam), way of life, architectural beauties and of course, natural beauties like the highest peaks here.
fuzzkaizer
an assumtion:
there is a culture that is really unique compared to all the other cultures. it has something special that the others do not have. it is the one culture that you have your roots in, it is your own culture. you understand things about your own culture, without even knowing that you do. it is not better or worse than other cultures, but unique. most likely you will never in your life have that sleepwalking security in any other culture. to understand other cultures from inside, it might take you a lot of time and a lot of learning. cultures are quite bigger and older than individuals, some of them last more than thousand years. culture is not only the ancient buildings and the language of certain people of a certain region, but also their clothes, their economics, their jobs, the way they communicate and behave... and the better you know your own culture, the more capable you will be to understand another culture...
Insanity
There are no such things are unique cultures, as every culture has something some other culture doesn't. I would imagine those that are most isolated from the rest of the world are the most unique in the sense that they are not influenced by the rest of the world. Due to globalization, most of the world has had some sort of influence on each other's cultures. For example, in American culture, it has been influenced by all the immigrants to the country who have brought their own cultures, customs, traditions, and foods and mixed it with those that are already in the country.

Island nations that haven't had many visitors from the outside world would probably be among the most unique in the sense that their culture haven't been influenced by any other countries.
kaysch
I guess a specific culture is defined by its uniqueness compared to other cultures.
deanhills
I'd interpret a culture as unique when it hasn't been "tainted" by dominant other cultures like the US or China or USSR. The culture has isolated itself uniquely from influences of other cultures to the extent that is has its own unique character that is naturally different.

The Bushman of the Kalahari in South Africa would count as unique to me, particularly since they make it an objective to stay as far away from "civilization" as they possibly can. There are influences of course, as being made into objects of curiosity does expose them to a certain extent, but their culture has survived against all odds for hundreds of years.

Wow! I'm behind the times. Looks as though the Bushmen of the Kalahari are being threatened with extinction, thanks to the Government of Botswana's relentless drive of persecution against them. Diamonds again. Greed and corruption. One of the oldest and very unique cultures in southern Africa almost at its end.

http://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/bushmen
lasarah
playfungames wrote:
Well, unique cultures are found everywhere in different parts of the world. In the west there's a different culture, in east and south east asia countries like Thailand, Japan, Malaysia are worth traveling to mutuelle TNS. China, on the other hand is totally different. There's a different world out there in Africa.

Since, I am from south Asia, I know that we have a different culture and different people when compared the world. Here we have countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Maldives and of course my country, Nepal. Visit this part of the world if you want to experience something quite different from any other parts of the world. We have different religions (Hinduism majority and there is also Buddhism and Islam), way of life, architectural beauties and of course, natural beauties like the highest peaks here.

Hello, I found that each country has its own culture and if you travel to a country you will meet a very different tradition.
loveandormoney
MarioSiAko wrote:
I have been always searching for the most unique culture.mostly i could find that they were here in asia..so i visited thailand, indonesia, malaysia and vietnam.to those who were traveling..can you suggest additional spot?

Do You like to visit a Matriachat?