FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to train kittens to poop outside the house?

MarioSiAko
i have two kittens and their mother..We have no problem with the mother cat in terms of her waste disposal..or lets say pooping coz we train her to poop outside the house..but her two kittens are just so hard to train..we tried to practice them pooping outside like what we did to their mother but still they poop on their favorite spot under our kitchen sink...what can i do...[/code]
BigGeek
I thought the whole reason people owned cats as pets is because they do not need house training. Typically you just put down a tray with Kitty Litter in it, and they are good to go. They will pee and poop in the litter without any training. All that is needed on your part is to keep the litter changed and clean and they will use it with no training.

As far as training cats to do anything I have typically found them to be somewhat un-trainable they typically do what they want, hunt what they want, sleep where they want and only tolerate humans because we feed them, pet them, and open doors for them. Other than that cats typically tolerate their human owners rather than obey them.

I'm impressed that you actually house trained a cat that is really cool Cool
rx9876
There are some smells that cats just hate. You may want to avoid these smells or use them to your advantage. Maybe you could utilize scents to keep kitty out of the kitchen sink.
For example, citrus or wintergreen.

Lemons, limes and oranges are all scents that cats hate. For an easy way to use these smells around the house, try a dab of orange oil. If you are trying to deter cats from coming into your garden, try scattering your discarded orange peels throughout the area. Cats also hate the flavor of citrus fruits, so you can use it to discourage them from chewing on things.

Wintergreen can be an intense scent for anyone, and cats in particular do not like it. Wintergreen is a flavoring used in many products, from gum to cocktails. You can soak a cotton ball with the oil and leave it in the area you are trying to keep the cats away from.
rx9876
However, driving them away from the old favorite place seems not a best choice, because they might just choose their next favorite place.
Maybe put a litter box with their smell near the kitchen, it might attract them to use it.
It they used it, move it toward the garden few center-meters every few days.
Eventually, they could use it in the garden.
standready
MarioSiAko wrote:
but still they poop on their favorite spot under our kitchen sink...what can i do.

Clean and disinfect and de-deodorize the kitchen, then keep taking them out.
LxGoodies
standready wrote:
MarioSiAko wrote:
but still they poop on their favorite spot under our kitchen sink...what can i do.

Clean and disinfect and de-deodorize the kitchen, then keep taking them out.

Only if you prefer they piss and shit on the carpet next to your TV Laughing

Hint.. they don't like eachother's smell.. this will work, put TWO kitty litters under your kitchen sink, toys and scratch pole near..

.. and suppose they would persist in pooping next to their litter..

http://helpwithpettraining.com/scruff-training-for-kittens.php