FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cpanel problem

airh3ad
Hi please reset my account, im not able to login. i forgot my password.

Name: butchoi
-Hosted: Yes
-Server: 2 (DirectAdmin)
-IP: 64.120.224.218
-Control panel username: airh3ad
deanhills
@airh3ad. Someone else with the same IP has the EXACT same problem as you. Looks like it has to do with the recent transfer of Server 2 from the US to Germany.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1182975.html#1182975

Your login info is most likely in a database that used to be part of Server 2 in the US (extinct by now), and your Website is on a different Server in Germany. This can only be sorted out by Bondings who hasn't been around in a while. He has to set you up with a DirectAdmin log-in for Server 2 in Germany.

There may be a work around for the problem though. The other person with the same problem was able to access his Website through his FTP account. If you can remember your FTP password (it's usually the same as your DirectAdmin/cPanel password) you may be able to access your Websites that way.

The FTP log-in information will look something like this:

FTP Server (HOST): Check your Account Info - the url just next to FTP. Note: when you type this into FileZilla you have to omit the ftp before the name (name.frih.net).
FTP Username (your cPanel name): airh3ad
Password: see whether you can remember the last one you used

If you don't already have FileZilla FTP Client here's a download link to last version:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/?source=typ_redirect
airh3ad
I see thanks for the info, mostly server 2 accounts affected? I hope the team can fully restore this month.

Im still having problem with my cpanel account. im not able to update my site.Sad

any advise?
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
I see thanks for the info, mostly server 2 accounts affected? I hope the team can fully restore this month.

Im still having problem with my cpanel account. im not able to update my site.Sad

any advise?
Have you tried FileZilla?
airh3ad
Yes i try filezilla i can't remember my cpanel password can anyone reset my account?
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
Yes i try filezilla i can't remember my cpanel password can anyone reset my account?
Your account cannot be reset as your settings are on a server that effectively doesn't exist any longer and your Website is on another server. Bondings will need to set you up with a new log-in and password.

I've e-mailed Bondings for help. Hopefully there is a miracle about to happen.
Pray
airh3ad
Thanks for the reply deanhills, i emailed bondings to check my accouny but no reply
Can i request transfer of.my account to new server?
RosenCruz
airh3ad wrote:
Thanks for the reply deanhills, i emailed bondings to check my accouny but no reply

I believe he left all inactive accounts behind. You should still give it a shot. Nothing to lose anyways Rolling Eyes
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
Unfortunately a transfer is also only possible with Bondings.

Am I right that you want to get access to this Website:
http://www.samarsurf.com/ Question

It is obvious that your Website is alive and on Server 2.

Quote:
Domain Name: SAMARSURF.COM
Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com

Name Server: NS1.FRIH.NET
Name Server: NS2.FRIH.NET
Updated Date: 09-oct-2013
Creation Date: 28-sep-2007
Expiration Date: 28-sep-2014

The domain expires on 28 September.

If "yes" to the above, and that is the Website you would like to get in, I checked and it looks as though it is a Word Press Website. Can you get into the Admin Dashboard of your WordPress Website? The admin log-in would be:

www.samarsurf.com/wp-login.php

If you can manage to get into the samarsurf.com dashboard then you'll be able to edit the Website.

If you are planning to move the Website and you can get into the WP dashboard of samarsurf.com, then you can use either the import and export feature or backup and restore feature of the WP dashboard to move your Website.
airh3ad
That site is fine i can login my other sites. but i need to backup and restore my affected website www.easternsamar.info
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
That site is fine i can login my other sites. but i need to backup and restore my affected website www.easternsamar.info
Can we just reconfirm so we understand. You cannot access DirectAdmin, however you can access your other sites with WP Admin Dashboard?

You cannot access easternsamar.info with WP Admin because the database is corrupted. You therefore need to fix it in DirectAdmin.
airh3ad
Deanhills

Quote:
Can we just reconfirm so we understand. You cannot access DirectAdmin, however you can access your other sites with WP Admin Dashboard? - Yes i cannot access Direct admin however i can access my 2 sites except easternmsamar.info due to database error. i need to access my direct admin/cpanel to check easternsamar.info but the problem i can't remember my password.

deanhills
Thanks airh3ad. Thought to confirm that just in case Bondings should make his appearance.
airh3ad
Thanks Deanhills, sounds like Bondings is bz or on vacation. I did not see him login on the site. any one sub admin here?
cybersa
airh3ad wrote:
Thanks Deanhills, sounds like Bondings is bz or on vacation. I did not see him login on the site. any one sub admin here?

No Sub-admin here.
Only Bondings is maintaining the sever related problem.
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
I wish I knew where he was airh3ad. Nothing would make me happier if he should surprise us with a post. If we keep this up maybe it will reach him eventually.
airh3ad
Quote:
No Sub-admin here.
Only Bondings is maintaining the sever related problem.

Deanhills you should apply Smile additional support to frihost! @bondings please tweet us. lol Rolling Eyes