FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost Crytpo-Coins

deeessnine
I've been on FriHost for years now, I just recently made a new account.
Instead of FriH, wouldnt it be cool to have a crypto-currency based on a blockchain. Posts somehow count as proof-of-work.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, look into LTB coins.

http://ltbcoin.com/

Quote:
About the Coin

LTBcoin is a brand new kind of thing. It is a crypto-rewards system where people who help LTB to be useful are rewarded for their efforts. And it’s built on Bitcoin!

LTBcoin is the proprietary token for the Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network. It is the exclusive token accepted for sponsorships. It will provide the user a significant discount in the network wide and ACT-specific e-commerce stores. It can be used in the network for tipping and will generally be useful in every corner of the LTB universe.

LTBcoin does not use computational mining. Instead, coins are distributed to the content creators, the community and the platform according to a fixed schedule. After a period of 260 weeks (5 years), all coins will be distributed and no new coins will be created.
SmackTalk89
I really don't see how this could work (Maybe others do), but doesn't the site make money off ads (aka per page view), but a blockchain method wouldn't award users anymore for posts.

While l'm at it, as a society, we really don't need anymore of these online coins. The price of video cards are finally dropping and it's very unstable (look at BitCoin bubbles).

Then you have local laws, some places view any coins illegal (like China).
badai
you mean frihost sever have to mine it? otherwise, where else would we get it.

are you serious?
loveandormoney
This should be a good idea.
The users of the forum should discuss it.
This is an interesting thread.
RosenCruz
I never got the idea behind this "coin" things. I guess I m getting too old for this new stuff
loveandormoney
The concept ist
being independent without any government.
RosenCruz
How does this digital coins work ? I mean how they are actually converted to real dollars, pounds etc...
loveandormoney
Easy explanation:

One is working for the other.
And the other is paying the one.
Da Rossa
Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies in general are nice. The only problem is that the float chaotically.
But I'm still about to understand why a cryptocurrency would help us here @ Frih.
playfungames
Crypto currencies are great but I don't think that Frihost would be a place where users would agree to mine coins and get rewarded with hosting, domains or real life currency. It would be cool if this took off though. I never tried any crypto currency till now but I would love to give one a try. Specially, if it is in a forum that I frequent the most.
loveandormoney
Da Rossa wrote:
Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies in general are nice. The only problem is that the float chaotically.
But I'm still about to understand why a cryptocurrency would help us here @ Frih.

Wait one or two years.

The You can buy gold or bitcoins everywhere.