FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the biggest lie you told or have you ever told one?

chasbeen
There are some people going round saying they never ever lie.
My biggest lie was about my age when I joined the army. There can't have been many 15 year olds fighting a war in the Falklands in 1982.
higijenazajecar
hi
Marcuzzo
chasbeen wrote:
There are some people going round saying they never ever lie.
My biggest lie was about my age when I joined the army. There can't have been many 15 year olds fighting a war in the Falklands in 1982.

In 82? And nobody checked that out?
saratdear
Fooling around having fun and lying about it to my parents. I think that's about it.
chasbeen
When ya think about it the word "lawyer" sounds like "liar" doesn't it.
chasbeen
Marcuzzo
They know but they don't want it exposed. Makes them look idiots.
tonberry
Well, you know what they say about people who say that they never lie - that those are the people that lie the most Wink

I have a friend who, when doesn't want to go to a party etc. always has to have some critical problem. First he wants to go, but then a tragedy, he can't because.... sometimes the excuses are simple, sometimes they're crazy, but they're always very obvious to everyone around him. When I started to slightly push him about it recently, he curled into a defensive shell and said that he never lied to us about anything!

He knew what he was doing, but there are also people who could be classified as demented, who truly believe they do not lie. On top of lying to people around them, apparently they also lie to themselves.

While we're at it, I recommend a movie called "The Invention of Lying" with the recently popular Ricky Gervais. It doesn't have the greatest of reviews, but is highly original and fun to watch. In short: in the world where nobody lies nor knows that there is this way to act called lying, one man discovers it.
chasbeen
tonberry:

"The Invention of Lying" I'm going to look out for it!
loveandormoney
Drugs does make happy and free.

And many people tell that.
chasbeen
loveandormoney:

They might do on a temporary basis but lay off them the long term results are always a disaster!
loveandormoney
chasbeen wrote:
loveandormoney:

They might do on a temporary basis but lay off them the long term results are always a disaster!

Do You sell?
playfungames
I don't lie that often. But one of my biggest lie is when I pranked my friend using SMS messages. I picked up a new sim card and contacted my friend. Told my friend that I was someone else. That someone else happened to be the girl that he liked. He was always denying that he didn't like her in that way or he never admitted it publicly among friends. I continued to send SMS back and forth for a week or so. He was really into her. I felt really guilty and threw away the sim card. Haven't told him about it yet. We aren't that close friends anymore.
chasbeen
playfungames
Oh dear, that's the escalating lie situation.

Yeah that was a big one in the end Sad
Peterssidan
Great! A thread where people can brag about their lies, but how do we know they are not lying? Wink

Can't think of any big lies that I have told. Only small ones like coming late to school because I "missed the bus". Q: How do I look? A: Good. I prefer not to lie but sometimes people ask questions that isn't their business and it can be awkward or revealing if you refuse to answer the question so sometimes a white lie is the easiest option, even though I don't like it.
spinout
Haha you would cry if you heard mine...

But a funny/impropriate one (that I come to think of hanging around a forum) was way back in the BBS days before regular internet, there was a big BBS in Sweden where the manager/admin was misbehaving and was mostly unpleasant all the time. All members was pissed off but in those days big BBS where the place to hang even though it sucked (hardware and data storage was best in the country back then). So when I finally gave up hanging around (found better places), I message "all users" that the BBS was unattended because the admin had been in a car crash on E18 and did not survive. Laughing Cool
Yes, most users believed it and cheered and left the place... And of course I had to log on a some weeks later and smile when I read the angry mail from the owner.
loveandormoney
playfungames wrote:
I don't lie that often. But one of my biggest lie is when I pranked my friend using SMS messages. I picked up a new sim card and contacted my friend. Told my friend that I was someone else. That someone else happened to be the girl that he liked. He was always denying that he didn't like her in that way or he never admitted it publicly among friends. I continued to send SMS back and forth for a week or so. He was really into her. I felt really guilty and threw away the sim card. Haven't told him about it yet. We aren't that close friends anymore.

And the woman is today Your life. But I am sure
You said sorry
and You both ll stay happy together.

Mistakes are not good, isnt it?
spinout
another cool thing related to this was in the 90s where Sweden had the most elite bbs's in the world - and illegal software flooded the country, there was a lot of people calling the bbs's and traded wares. But mostly there was a ratio - like 1 to 3 in bytes, if you uploaded 1 you could download 3. But some had free accounts and that was less work. And back then telephone time costed much money so to eliminate the uploading times I wanted to get hold of free logins. Said n done me and a friend put of a fake elite-BBS and surely enough people logged in once and we got most traders login/passwords. Then it was happy days!!! Laughing Cool Just take someones login/password and leech as much as you wanted on the bigger bbs's.
rx9876
I told my mother,
"You will gonna be fine, and we could go home soon."

However, she eventually died because of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome
which is caused by cancers,
so I guess this is the the biggest lie I ever told.
BigGeek
What is the biggest lie I ever told - That is a heard one to think about - most of my lies are small ones in life - I used to lie to my first wife all the time because she was a jealous freak - when she would ask me if I thought another woman was attractive I would tell her NO, even though she was an attractive woman and everyone thought so. I used to tell my employer that I did not fix equipment on site because If I told them I had fixed things without following all the rules prior to fixing them I would get fired - I lie to my boss all the time and tell him I like my job!

As for the biggest lie I ever told - I can't think of any at this moment - if any come up that I remember I will let you know - for the most part I try and speak the truth - life is less complicated that way Very Happy
mshafiq
I am very fair person. I always speak truth. If some on like or not. I do not want to loss my personality by saying wrong things. Personality image is very important. If you have positive image then every one will believe even kids because they think this man never ever lie.
loveandormoney
Money does make happy and

being the best could make happy.
chasbeen
You should not lie, I never did Cool
Insanity
I pretty much lie everytime they ask my to verify my age online. There are probably a lot of people who were born in January 1 online.
loveandormoney
Do u put it up or do u put it down?
brainno722
Not my experience but friends:

1. Having sex with other women while being in a relationship and the girl never found out.
2. Came out to everyone else except his own family; and the family still doesn't know.
3. Lied about how much work is done per day and only crammed closer to the deadline.

Personally I try hard to tell the truth because I know how much harm lies can cause (and more lies to cover the previous lies).

Maybe some small lies about why I didn't want to go to parties (because I was playing WoW) or not wanting to help a friend move (who's always asking others for favors), and believe me, even these lies can have bad consequences.
zarawatsonn
Once i was in school i lied to my teacher that she is my favourite teacher.
loveandormoney
Did You get the present?
Da Rossa
One time when I was 11 I called my family from school and told them I was sick. They came to pick me up, and I went straight to bed. They began the homecaring. The remorse grew instantly.
Insanity
I think it was all those times that I said I have never lied before when I was asked if I lied. Also those times when people are asking me when I am lying and I say no.