FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FIBA 2014

johans
Who do you think become the FIBA world champion held at Spain?

Champion: United states
2nd : Philippines
3rd: France
4th: Spain

Shocked
zimmer
just started.

Nice Game Philippines!

johans
Referee don't know how to call foul on the last second!!!

Twisted Evil
Insanity
Great game.
jajarvin
Here is my guess:

1. Spain
2. USA
3. France
RosenCruz
My country Turkey is on too. We have lost to US after a nice game Mad
johans
Philippines standing 1-4 but it was amazing Gilas Philippines team!

Proud to be filipino.

Gilas will celebrate this victory in Spain, and the rest of the country will be able to sleep soundly with the knowledge that we’ve broken a 36 year old curse and made an excellent account of ourselves on a world stage. I will do the same.

But deep down, there’s a nagging question that was in my head while watching Jimmy Alapag and the rest of Gilas celebrate on the court:

What’s next? Where do we go from this?

It may seem unfair to ask that right now. After all, the two months of training, practice, and sacrifice being away from their families is something that will take months to recover from. But the glimpses of Gilas on the world stage was something so intoxicating and seductive that it’s made all of us hungry for more. So I propose we begin with that one word that seemingly has summed up this entire FIBA World Cup campaign:

Puso.

It’s a catchy word, one that evokes memories of our beloved basketball players skying over bigger opponents, blowing past international defenders and shedding tears of joy in victories that makes a nation beam with pride.

We’ve seen the word ad nauseam displayed on billboards and newspaper ads, and uttered countless times on radio and television commercials.
zimmer
jajarvin wrote:
Here is my guess:

1. Spain
2. USA
3. France

USA remains the world Champion.

I was very disappointed with Spain but i think its due for its players that are old. No more new players that can handle much more faster games.

I would like to congrats Philippines for being won the MVF - Most Valuable Fans award.

Truly disappointing games with Philippines Gilas. They almost won all the games but i guess not that much exposure to International basketball games.

I hope next battle with international games which is Incheon 2014 Asian Games the will won Gold Medal.
Shocked