FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Symform

badai
http://www.symform.com

This is a cloud sync service like Dropbox, but taking a totally different approach on how they get their storage. Instead of having their own storage for user to keep files, most of storage came from users' itself. Each user can optionally contribute some storage space to the service. In wikipedia it's called cooperative storage cloud. When you contribute space, you will earn 0.5 of what you contributed (I guess that will make sure they will have extra space so that they can have multiple copy of everything).

No more looking out for referral to get that extra spaces. I just installed on 2 machines and used their recommended sharing size and already got a whooping 125GB. I have another machine to install this.

Best of all is, the sync process seem to be very, very, very fast compare to others (Dropbox, Box, GDrive, 4Sync, Yandex.Disk, OneDrive and Copy). Maybe because of the distribution of the storage, or maybe it sync direct like BitTorrent Sync (which is too bad cause it didn't have cloud counterpart when you do not have your machine with you).

I used to sync hundreds of thousand of small, small files and use lots of spaces. It took forever to completely sync with other services and I keep running out of space (for free account).

Now no more worry. I just hope that this service can sustain itself for years to come.