FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cannot login to DirectAdmin

badai
I can't login to DirectAdmin after server moved.

Help please.

Thank you.
Peterssidan
Does the login page show up or doesn't it accept your login information? Have you tried all three links listed on the account page?
badai

ftp is working though

deanhills
Have you tried a proxy like Tor?
badai
deanhills wrote:
Have you tried a proxy like Tor?

would that help? apparently i can access this forum without tor or any proxy. and this forum is in server 2, just like my hosting.

see the url on my screen shot:

i'm there, it just telling me my credential is wrong.

here another successful connection without using proxy or tor:

i can access, it just wouldn't let me login to directadmin. i doubt using proxy or tor will somehow magically invalidate valid credential.
cybersa
May be problem had occurred during account transfer.
I think you have to wait for Bondings to solve your problem.
Hope he will fix your problem soon.
deanhills
badai wrote:

If one checks the IP out - 64.120.224.218 at whois.net then it is in Scranton, Philadelphia - the old data center.

Just a theory. The name servers ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net are located at the new Datacenter in Germany. When you are trying to access DirectAdmin, DirectAdmin may be in Germany, and your login and password in the database in the US? The US Datacenter's lights went out before end of July, i.e. doesn't exist any longer. So you need a new login and password that have to be set up for you in the Germany Database.

These must be some of the bugs left over that Bondings said he still had to fix. This is the last thing he said in his Server2/3 Official Blog post just before he left:
Bondings wrote:
I'm going to try the move now. Please note, if something fails (there are a lot of specific settings for this website), I might revert back and do it another day.

144.76.111.249 (ns1) is in Germany
144.76.111.250 (ns2) is in Germany

64.120.224.220 (Scranton, Philadelphia - old Datacenter)
64.120.224.221 (Scranton, Philadelphia - old Datacenter)

64.120.224.218 must be a very old name server? Also Scranton, Philadelphia.

When I was doing some research I found this old thread from 2006 about serious Frihost Server 2 problems with logging into DirectAdmin. It obviously doesn't apply to the situation right now, but why I show it is that the only way the problem could be solved then was to issue people with new logins and passwords. When you check the posts it was repeatedly mentioned that technicians were working to solve the login problems. So maybe the fixes involved some special coding that didn't apply to every one in the same way. Maybe that could be the reason that some can access DirectAdmin and others like Badai can't. Badai may be of that first generation that had special fixes done to their accounts?

I wonder who else has problems with logging into DirectAdmin at Server 2 as well?

Here's a link to the 2006 thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-32243.html
RosenCruz
Are others trying to log in to DA through same IP ? I believe dean might be right here
crystalkey
Would that also apply to Server 4? I cannot access anything except for phpmyadmin.
deanhills
crystalkey wrote:
Would that also apply to Server 4? I cannot access anything except for phpmyadmin.
No. The two are completely unrelated. Servers 2 and 3 were transferred from one data center to another.

Can you try the Tor Proxy solution and see whether your IP is blocked? Could be that you tried too many times to log in and your IP got blocked as a consequence. DirectAdmin is set up to be more than average sensitive to the number of log-in attempts (refer info in the DirectAdmin link below).

DirectAdmin gives a few options for troubleshooting the problem:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=75
crystalkey
Tried the TOR option and FTP access. It says that my password is incorrect from FTP and DirectAdmin. I can change the password from phpmyadmin which I still have access to. All of my databases are still there but I cannot even examine the disk space. It looks like my account at the server level has been blocked, except for phpmyadmin.

I'll assume Bondings has more insight as to what happened.
deanhills
crystalkey wrote:
Tried the TOR option and FTP access. It says that my password is incorrect from FTP and DirectAdmin. I can change the password from phpmyadmin which I still have access to. All of my databases are still there but I cannot even examine the disk space. It looks like my account at the server level has been blocked, except for phpmyadmin.

I'll assume Bondings has more insight as to what happened.
True. I'd also suggest that you write to Bondings and staff like Mathiaus, Bockman and tidruG. You may not receive an immediate response, but you could be lucky.