FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost forums DNS problem

rx9876
The forums can't be access few hours ago,
and it said domain name expired on the web page.

What happened?
Did we got hacked again?
dude_xyx
I saw an account suspended message when try to load forum in morning. I thought The VPS where forum is hosted suspended or something.
cybersa
I think now there is no problem.
May be Bondings fixed the problem.
deanhills
Must be Bondings who fixed it. Must say I was totally thrown by the message. Couldn't believe that Frihost could get suspended. I thought the Forum had been hacked. Shocked

Felt miraculous however within half an hour of my e-mail the Forum was accessible again. Although the e-mail may have had nothing to do with Bondings' quick response. I think Bondings, technically wise, is joined at the hip to Frihost and has instincts with both server and Forum that always show themselves when we really need to be baled out of a fix. This must have been one of such occasions. Cheers Bondings! Now if he could only fix the stats tool so we can get the "Guess the number of posts" competition going again I'll really be happy. Razz
RosenCruz
Wow... We got suspended ? Wonder why that ever happened. I believe there are some abusive accounts on server and some hacked ones.
dude_xyx
Probably the shared account Bonding had created for the forum in VPS reached it's Bandwidth limit or something I guess. If the forum is in server 2 then I'm sure that's the reason since other sites were working without a problem.
RosenCruz
Weird. I thought FH forum was on Server 3 until recent move. I do not know the current situation, actually.

Glad it is quickly solved
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
Weird. I thought FH forum was on Server 3 until recent move. I do not know the current situation, actually.

Glad it is quickly solved
It's on Server 2, although I think both Server 2 and 3 are now in the same place in Germany. I'm dead certain our new home has plenty of bandwidth and disk space. Only challenge is that the Forum has plenty of manual coding by Bondings that still have to be adjusted after the move. Name servers for the Websites still need to be sorted out as well as they aren't resolving as they should.
dude_xyx
But you don't get suspend messages for DNS problems. This must be something else.
deanhills
dude_xyx wrote:
But you don't get suspend messages for DNS problems. This must be something else.
Correct. However if you read the earlier portion of my message I mentioned that some of the coding of the Forum still needs to be adjusted. Could be that there had been a conflict of sorts.

DNS problems would probably show themselves in difficulty to download and to navigate the Website or log into cPanel. The further from the "hub" in Germany the Website is downloaded, the more pronounced the slow loading of Websites would be. The closer the Website is situated to the "hub" in Germany, the less the name server DNS problems will show up.
RosenCruz
I am in Turkey and have no issues accessing to FH forums Arrow
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
Turkey is next to Germany though isn't it? When I was in Turkey I also didn't have any problems. Internet in general where I was in Turkey was top notch.
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
Turkey is next to Germany though isn't it? When I was in Turkey I also didn't have any problems. Internet in general where I was in Turkey was top notch.

Well we are close. We are next to Bulgaria and Greece, neighbor to Balkans. Wink

At the center of Asia, Africa and Europe