FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A List of Strategy Games I have played

dude_xyx
Trying to make a list of all the strategy games I have ever played. And to find if any other good games which I haven't played yet.

Star Wars Rebellion
SIM 3000[/list]
Age of Empires 1 & 2
Age of Civilization
Age of Mythology
Zeus
Pharaoh with Cleopatra
Caesar 3
Galactic Civilizations 1 & 2
Tiberian Sun
StarCraft
HomeWorld
Red Alert & 2
Empire Earth
Master of Orion II
Sins of a solar empire
Smugglers V

That's all I can remember but I'm sure there are more games I missed. I love city building games and space strategy games.
Peterssidan
These are the ones I can remember:

Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2
StarCraft
WarCraft
WarCraft II
Caesar III
Populous: The Beginning
Crazy Cows
Red Alert
Age of Empires
Age of Empires II
Black & White
Black & White 2
Globulation 2
dude_xyx
Hmm I haven't play some of those games in your list Peterssidan. Dungeon Keeper, WarCraft II, Populous: The Beginning, Crazy Cows, Black & White, Globulation 2 none of these. I wonder some of these old games works on Windows 7.
badai
any games for android that are like these games? even the paid one.

thanks.
Peterssidan
dude_xyx wrote:
Hmm I haven't play some of those games in your list Peterssidan. Dungeon Keeper, WarCraft II, Populous: The Beginning, Crazy Cows, Black & White, Globulation 2 none of these. I wonder some of these old games works on Windows 7.

I bolded the ones I think is worth playing. I don't know if they work on Windows 7. Maybe if you run them in compatibility mode. I remember Populous required a patch to work on Windows XP.
dude_xyx
Well WarCraft II is not that old so I will start with that one. I was about install Populous: The Beginning and I can't believe how bad graphics those days. But the game looks interesting.
Peterssidan
dude_xyx wrote:
I was about install Populous: The Beginning and I can't believe how bad graphics those days. But the game looks interesting.

Are you sure you looked at the right game? Populous: The Beginning is the third game in the series but it was never marketed as such. It was released in 1998 and has 3D graphics.
codegeek
Having played both Warcraft and AOE 2, how do you think they compare? Warcraft does have better graphics, but I never got used to it. I did complete the game in story mode and played a few games on LAN, but I don't think it even comes close to the addictiveness of AOE 2: Conquerors.
dude_xyx
Peterssidan wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
I was about install Populous: The Beginning and I can't believe how bad graphics those days. But the game looks interesting.

Are you sure you looked at the right game? Populous: The Beginning is the third game in the series but it was never marketed as such. It was released in 1998 and has 3D graphics.

I think that's the one. I haven't had time to check it completely. There's this warror women or witch or something and she is in an island there some kind of ruined which u can click and then she got tele ported into another island.
Peterssidan
codegeek wrote:
Having played both Warcraft and AOE 2, how do you think they compare? Warcraft does have better graphics, but I never got used to it. I did complete the game in story mode and played a few games on LAN, but I don't think it even comes close to the addictiveness of AOE 2: Conquerors.

Well, I can't make a fair comparison. WarCraft II was probably the first strategy game I played. I have played much of the single player modes, I have made a few maps and I have played it with friends over LAN and a few games with others over the Internet. I guess I saw others play Age of Empires II about the same time but I never tried it myself until much later and then I got a bit bored and stopped playing after a few maps. It doesn't mean it's a bad game. I guess it's more that I was older and playing it on my own without friends around made me lose interest early.

My main observation is that Age of Empires is more realistic while WarCraft is more of a fantasy world.
dude_xyx
For some reason I like Age of Empires series more than those games like WarCraft or StarCraft. But I have to admit engines like WarCraft has the future.

Here are few more games I have not played yet,

Warhammer
Total War: Rome
DEFCON: Global Thermonuclear War
World in Conflict
Plants vs. Zombies (this one looks more like Candy Crush)
pravojednostavno
List of strategy games I played
Victoria
Victoria 2
Caesar III
Civilisation 3/4
Age of Empires II
The Settlers.
RosenCruz
Age of Empires Series
Rise of Nations
Starcraft
Empire Earth I and II
Railroad Tycoon II
Roller Coaster Tycoon Series
C&C Generals
Red Alert 2
Cossacks
Pharaoh
Caesar III
Warcraft III
Dungeon Keeper
Total Annihilation

as far as I can remember

I am about to start Patrician III this week. Got it from gog.com dirt cheap Smile
Utopia GFR
I used to play many RTS games.

All the C&C and RA games.
AOE 1 and 2.
Warcraft 3.
Total Annihilation.
Sudden Strike.
Cossacks.
Supreme Commander.
Age of Mythology and some others.

Right now the only RTS game (even though it has a really poor strategy aspect) I'm playing is Tiny Soldiers on Steam.

Above all, the very best RTS game I ever played must be Red Alert 1.
Pippo90
Why nothing from the Total War series? I would strongly recommend them, in particular Medieval II with the Kingdoms expansion. My heart is still there Embarassed
dude_xyx
I saw someone playing Total War recently and it does look really great. Reminds me Age of Empire in more realistic 3D animations.
SpaceInvader75
Warcraft 2 was the first RTS game I played, and it was great. I actually downloaded it for free, but I couldn't get it to run under windows. I tried following instructions, but after spending an hour trying to figure it out with no results I decided it just wasn't worth it. I could probably buy a slightly newer game for cheap, but I might need a video card. Or maybe just play something like Red Alert 2 on my xbox; I used to have Red Alert 2 and it was definitely fun. If I get a video card I'll probably Try Starcraft 2.

Age of Empires 2 was awesome. I could try getting again for my computer. I would definitely still play it, if I can find it. Also WarHammer, (I think that's what it was called) and Supreme Commander were some more recent RTS games that were really fun. And Civilization (I have a version on my xbox that I've been playing recently). I also have WarHammer: BattleMarch for xbox. The controls are not easy to get used to (I've fond RTS games are easier on computer, because of the keyboard) but it's a good strategy game. Oh, possibly one RTS game I like as much as Red Alert 2 (for Xbox) is R.U.S.E. I had to sell it but I'm considering buying that game again; I spent hours just playing the scenario in the demo!
Oh, and I don't know how many hours I spent on Sudden Strike. lol
SpaceInvader75
dude_xyx wrote:
Well WarCraft II is not that old so I will start with that one. I was about install Populous: The Beginning and I can't believe how bad graphics those days. But the game looks interesting.

WarCraft 2 is so old I couldn't even get it to work with Widows. lol
alikaratekin
Red Alert
Age of Empires
Age of Empires II
Black & White
Black & White 2
Globulation 2
codersfriend
So far I've tried
Age of Empires I and II
Starcraft
Homeworld 2

I'm not much into strategy games. Not very good in chess Very Happy But they're still fun
codersfriend
Although these days I notice more people prefer either Clash of Clans or MOBA games like DOTA or LOL