FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Social Media Traffic

dude_xyx
Social media traffic is another best source for quality traffic. These days social sites dominate the web and sites like Facebook get more people than Google it self. So if you can get traffic from these sites you will have a really good source of quality traffic. The best social sites for quality traffic are,

01. Facebook.
02. Twitter.
03. Pinterest.
04. Tumblr.
05. StumbleUpon
06. Reddit.

Each of these social media sites needs totally different approach which are unique to each of these sites. For example Facebook works great for some niches and Pinterest is dominated by females so you need to use niches which they are interested in. Twitter traffic is mostly from young crowds.
cps31
Facebook is very much effective in getting potential visitors than any other social media sites.
dude_xyx
cps31 wrote:
Facebook is very much effective in getting potential visitors than any other social media sites.

That used to be true but not anymore. They have changed everything. Now your fan page posts reach only to 5% of your Fan page members. So if you have 10,000 people Liked the page only 500 see each post.

I think Pinterest slowly becoming same.
deanhills
I've always resisted Facebook and Twitter, and during 2014 had to get familiar with them when we were promoting two different discussion forums. Facebook is clumsy in design. Twitter much easier. But I'd say Facebook perhaps more rewarding as one can get more details in Facebook. I also like it that one can create a special business page with Facebook. As well as create a special Facebook URL for that page. After plenty of headaches and swear words, think I'm finally getting the hang of Facebook. Darn Facebook! Twisted Evil
rojer_martin
Your social media success depends upon what kind of business you are going to promote and whether you are promoting it on right social media platform? Facebook is the most popular among other social sites, Pinterest will do well for female related services/products, health/fitness products. Twitter can be used for media sites, video promotion. Linkedin promotion will be effective for professional services.
jajarvin
dude_xyx wrote:
These days social sites dominate the web and sites like Facebook get more people than Google it self.

I think that email is the thing that at now dominates the web.
dude_xyx
jajarvin wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
These days social sites dominate the web and sites like Facebook get more people than Google it self.

I think that email is the thing that at now dominates the web.

Well I think it was the last age. These day not many read marketing emails or anything which usually go directly to spam folder. But when it comes to social media everyone read shared hosting if it looks interesting.
cps31
dude_xyx wrote:
cps31 wrote:

That used to be true but not anymore. They have changed everything. Now your fan page posts reach only to 5% of your Fan page members. So if you have 10,000 people Liked the page only 500 see each post.

I think Pinterest slowly becoming same.

But Pinterest is not suitable for all kinds of business. The e-commerce sites getting the most advantage I guess.
cps31
deanhills wrote:
I've always resisted Facebook and Twitter, and during 2014 had to get familiar with them when we were promoting two different discussion forums. Facebook is clumsy in design. Twitter much easier. But I'd say Facebook perhaps more rewarding as one can get more details in Facebook. I also like it that one can create a special business page with Facebook. As well as create a special Facebook URL for that page. After plenty of headaches and swear words, think I'm finally getting the hang of Facebook. Darn Facebook! Twisted Evil

I am agree with your points.
playfungames
If I have to add now, for me and probably for most of the sites, I think that Facebook dominates other social traffic by leaps and bounds. I mean when I share some relevant content to my Facebook page and it goes viral, then I receive so much traffic. But the traffic doesn't stay around for long. From other sites like Twitter, I receive minimum traffic even though I try so hard. They send visitors that I can count in the fingers of my two hands. And the rest of the social networks out there, it's zero.

Reddit does look promising now but most default sub-reddits don't allow you to submit links to your blog or your website. I mean they do allow it but you are downvoted to oblivion as the redditors call it blogspam. The home page is filled with imgur.com or similar links that host images. If you screenshot a website, upload it to imgur, then you have higher chance of attention than simply posting the link to your website.

But in certain sub-reddits, the moderators are kind enough to allow blog links and if the members like it, you get huge amount of traffic. It's similar with comments, if someone posts your link then you will be receiving links for so long. I still continue to receive traffic on one of the links that I posted a long time back.
alexrogeraj
Social media plays the vital role in attracting visitors to any website. You can get huge traffic through social media if it is well optimized. Important thing is, you should provide some value to your followers rather than spamming by posting only about your website. Social media is the great tool to interact with followers to know about your product, service or business. It will help you improve your business. Also it helps you in getting better search engine ranking
loveandormoney
Its a very good way to make PR for social projects. You can meet a lot of people in a few seconds. And wordwide. And it is easy to add up contacts to Your daily communication. Exampel: Collect followers at Twitter.
playfungames
alexrogeraj wrote:
Social media plays the vital role in attracting visitors to any website. You can get huge traffic through social media if it is well optimized. Important thing is, you should provide some value to your followers rather than spamming by posting only about your website. Social media is the great tool to interact with followers to know about your product, service or business. It will help you improve your business. Also it helps you in getting better search engine ranking

You bring a good point about spamming people with websites. Social media is a great source of traffic but spamming people with links every day isn't the way. Your followers will be alienated if you post links and only links.

I think social media is about engagement and sites like Facebook show your posts to others if they generate engagement (likes, comments and shares). Otherwise, the posts are not displayed to many people. Links aren't that great for engagement. People like to stay in a single site unless the link is really really interesting to them.

So, it is recommended that you share pictures more and a few links in the mix to get the maximum social media effect. Getting referral traffic isn't the only purpose of social media.