FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How is Blackberry curve 8320 ?

bukaida
The blackberry curve 8320 wifi is available in E-Bay at throw-away price ( Around US$50). It is a new one ( An unlocked T-mobile). I know the model is discontinued but the hardware should be better than unbranded Chinese mobiles in the same price range. Anyone has any first-hand experience with it? It will be for my father who is not comfortable with touch screen.
crystalkey
I used to have an 8330 (an 8300 variant on Verizon). It's a good device, sturdy, and missed, exept for the small screen. The keyboard was great for texting.
RosenCruz
BB is going down the hill. I would stay away from their any product Cool
william
Played with one of those several years ago. The keyboard is fantastic, it's well built, and the interface was nice to use. The web browser is fine for text heavy sites, but isn't ideal for a lot of graphically heavy or complex sites. I have no idea what the unbranded Chinese phones are like, but I wouldn't say $50 is a great price for the Curve. It came out, I believe, seven years ago, and it's just very dated. CDMA Motorola Moto Gs can be had for $70, and they're considerably more powerful and more capable. But, like most newer devices, it is touch screen based. If touch interfaces are a problem, then BlackBerrys are probably your best bet. How much do BlackBerry Bolds go for there? I think that would be a decent phone that wouldn't feel too dated.
bukaida
I am finding it difficult to transfer the files via bluetooth from my MOTO G to BB 8320. As the built in ringtones are very low volume in 8320 ( even after setting everything to max) I tried to transfer a loud ringtone from my phone to curve 8320. It paired nicely with my phone but the file transfer failed. Also cannot access the 2GB media card ( formatted by BB and showing in the phone) using the BB desktop software. Browsed the BB Forum but none of the solution helped.
william
When you're transferring, are they both paired to each other? Like, is the Moto G paired to the Curve and the Curve also paired to the Moto G? If I recall correctly, you have to pair the other device on each phone (and you can tell because they have different security codes).
bukaida
william wrote:
When you're transferring, are they both paired to each other? Like, is the Moto G paired to the Curve and the Curve also paired to the Moto G? If I recall correctly, you have to pair the other device on each phone (and you can tell because they have different security codes).

You mean two way pairing right ? Yes both are visible from each other ( although I used to transfer files by sending passkey from the sender device and accepting it from the receiver device with other mobiles of my friends). Still when I try to send , the transfer fails at the very beginning itself.
Is it due to the Bluetooth version differences between the two? Shouldn't the higher version be backward compatible?