FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Upsurge in traffic since the server move

truespeed
I don't know if it is coincidence,but ever since the forum and sites were moved around the numbers online have gone up quite a bit.

Prior to the fixing of the servers I rarely saw the online count over 100,and sometimes it was as low as 40,but now when I come on here it is always over 100,sometimes as high as 150. (currently 145).
badai
does anybody lost access to directadmin after server moved? or i am the only one?
IceCreamTruck
165 online users.
Peterssidan
Maybe a lot of IP bans of spammers and hackers was lost in the move Wink

Maybe people started coming here when they noticed their websites were not working properly while the move was taking place.
standready
Greetings to all the 'bots' that found their way to the new servers.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
Maybe a lot of IP bans of spammers and hackers was lost in the move Wink

Maybe people started coming here when they noticed their websites were not working properly while the move was taking place.
Excellent point Peter. I'm almost certain some of it is a real possibility.
RosenCruz
I agree with Peterssidena too. Most likely bots are hanging around and looking for ways to post spam stuff
chasbeen
That's coz i'm on it. Cool
playfungames
Or may be Bondings or other admins changed the settings somewhere to display online users that have been online over the past X hours. This number increased means more people are shown online, right? I used to run a phpBB forum myself but I don't remember about such features in detail anymore.
deanhills
playfungames wrote:
Or may be Bondings or other admins changed the settings somewhere to display online users that have been online over the past X hours. This number increased means more people are shown online, right? I used to run a phpBB forum myself but I don't remember about such features in detail anymore.
I think you've hit it on the nail pfg. More the other way round though. The number went to its default settings and Bondings still has to set it to what it was before.
Pippo90
Well, that's good news. I truly hope this community recovers from the users' drain.
Peterssidan
deanhills wrote:
playfungames wrote:
I think you've hit it on the nail pfg. More the other way round though. The number went to its default settings and Bondings still has to set it to what it was before.

Well, it still says "This data is based on users active over the past five minutes", which is the same as it has always been.
deanhills
Peterssidan wrote:
deanhills wrote:
playfungames wrote:

Well, it still says "This data is based on users active over the past five minutes", which is the same as it has always been.
Right. It could say it, but in the background take data to the equivalent of a different time interval?

Could be the reason why the stats tool is not working as well?