FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Roll Call! Who is alive?

IceCreamTruck
Who is still alive? I'm still alive. I have not been for some time, but I am back! Smile
Ankhanu
Welcome back, ICT.
Vanilla
Are we all dancing the Thriller choreography? I'm Alice!
grofet
I'm still alive too.
Old user from 2006 is back.
IceCreamTruck
Thanks, Guys! Vanilla, Ankhanu are some familiar old names. How you all doing?

Yep, grofet, 2006 is back in the house! Every four or so years I have taken a break. Not really for this long before, but I figured I would swing back around and see what's happening. Requested a points reset, but I'm still way negative. Doesn't really matter because I will eventually catch back up.
standready
Welcome back, ICT. I keep 'hijacking' your thread for fun.
IceCreamTruck
standready wrote:
Welcome back, ICT. I keep 'hijacking' your thread for fun.

Good work! I was curious to see what had happened on that thread, and I decided I'm going to go over there tonight and catch up. Probably a lot of hijacking since I last checked it. On a side note "What color are your pants" is still going strong.

I hope things are going well for you, and that business has grown since we last chatted.
deanhills
Aha .... ICT is back. How's life been treating you ICT? Been wondering what you're up to these days. Very Happy
standready
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I hope things are going well for you, and that business has grown since we last chatted.

All is going well, thanks! How about you?
As we always say "Business can always be better". Never have enough.
IceCreamTruck
standready wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

All is going well, thanks! How about you?
As we always say "Business can always be better". Never have enough.

I was just explaining to Deanhills in PM that me and my new wife started fostering kids, and we moved to Orlando, Florida. A lot has changed for me mostly for the good. My wife beat me to the punch on starting a business, but I can't really complain.

It is good to see some familiar faces on frihost though! I got busy but I didn't mean to stay disconnected from you guys for so long. A lot has changed, but I'm still the same old ICT! Smile
deanhills
Always great to have you posting ICT whenever you have time whether it's once a day, week, month, year .... those years just seem to fly past so fast these days any way.
chasbeen
You missed the World Cup.
RosenCruz
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Who is still alive? I'm still alive. I have not been for some time, but I am back! Smile

Welcome back. Glad to see active members around Smile
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Always great to have you posting ICT whenever you have time whether it's once a day, week, month, year .... those years just seem to fly past so fast these days any way.

Very nice of you to say, Deanhills. I appreciate your friendship.
IceCreamTruck
chasbeen wrote:
You missed the World Cup.

Yeah, I caught some games. I missed Germany spanking Brazil, but I watched the highlights later. I did catch Argentina beating Netherlands and I was on a cruise ship full of Argentinian people, so that was exciting. I even missed the final. I don't know how that happened.
IceCreamTruck
RosenCruz wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Thanks, RosenCruz! How have you been?
chasbeen
Quote:
I even missed the final

God you did drop of the face!!!!
RosenCruz
IceCreamTruck wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Thanks, RosenCruz! How have you been?

Great. Trying to keep friH alive Laughing
bukaida
I am also alive, being away for sometimes though.
saratdear
I'm still alive! I rarely post, though. I just pop back every once in a while to see what's going on.
coolclay
Hey ICT nice to see you again!

I'm still around about as regular as usual. Just enough to keep my hosting intact. As always wish I had more time but you know what they say we all have 24 hours in a day (I guess I just choose to be outside more than on the computer). Of course that's not to say all my Frihost hero's (like Deanhills) don't get outside!

Things have been good around Frihost, a little quiet but still a fun lively crowd! The Frihost World Cup competition was especially fun!
playfungames
I'm alive as well. But I am comparably new and not that active. I see that you guys even know each other. No one knows me. Crying or Very sad
deanhills
playfungames wrote:
I'm alive as well. But I am comparably new and not that active. I see that you guys even know each other. No one knows me. Crying or Very sad
I do! Very Happy

Always nice to see you posting pfg.

Blaster
ICT if you're still here So am I... At least more towards the cold months when I can't get outside as much. Welcome back man. Nice to see a few of us old folks posting still.
Josso
Evening lads
RosenCruz
Hello to all active users Wink

Around and rolling since 2005 Cool
Blaster
Its good to see a few of us old people still posting. Hopefully we keep going strong
sudipbanerjee
I am also alive but sometimes I am facing problem to open frihost website.
william
My points have never been this low, so you could say I'm straddling a thin line. Looks like I'll have to do something about it. Wink
standready
Not many responses for post being over a month old.
chasbeen
Well

there's a bunch of different users:
(1)no see ums
turn up like the lost son and say "Hi" with a total point tally of -3000
(2)Always here
Cant find a subject without them in it. Turn up with a points tally of 3000
(3)The hi i'm new here
Turn up make a stupid post and they don't come back.

The only perfect poster is me. A reasonable just positive points score with sensible comments and engaging new topics.

Is there any indication that you are better than me? State your case but I can understand if you cannot make an entry.
Insanity
It's probably because of the posting requirement of FriHost... I'm not sure if it's actually enforced anymore, but because of it you get a lot of people who don't use their account and hosting very often and they lose it. It's what has resulted in people dying off in the forums every so often... But then again, I see a lot of people with high negative counts and I wonder if their accounts actually get deleted when it hits that part. I know that it has kept me posting all these years...
chasbeen
No, I think the plan was to worry people into making posts but the reality is that it takes time to remove people and the site does not want to lose anyone, not even you insanity!
standready
deanhills wrote:

Now that is my kinda cat - big and cuddly! Might keep the neighborhood in line too!
catscratches

Watermark and all. I feel classy. (QuakeMaker should have been John Romero's webpage.)
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Now that is my kinda cat - big and cuddly! Might keep the neighborhood in line too!
Agreed! He'd probably keep things in shape here too. Razz
RosenCruz
Insanity wrote:
It's probably because of the posting requirement of FriHost... I'm not sure if it's actually enforced anymore, but because of it you get a lot of people who don't use their account and hosting very often and they lose it. It's what has resulted in people dying off in the forums every so often... But then again, I see a lot of people with high negative counts and I wonder if their accounts actually get deleted when it hits that part. I know that it has kept me posting all these years...

I can say not "enforced"
sudipbanerjee
I am alive and very for the 1000th post.
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
I am alive and very for the 1000th post.
Cool Congratulations Sudi, well done! Applause
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
codegeek
I'm alive too! Though my post frequency has dropped considerably due to exams and life and stuff.
Blaster
Life eats up most of my time. I know that feeling all too well.
sudipbanerjee
I am alive.
Pippo90
Being brutally honest, I admit that my leading motivation for writing something on Frihost are the points to keep their wonderful hosting service. Unfortunately, it is not a very dynamic community.

So, yes, I am still alive Smile
spinout
No I am not alive at the moment - better do something ... but what?
sudipbanerjee
I am alive
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
Present please. I am still alive.
spinout
I am barely alive... I am not using this much, I have an untouched site and keep posting chats.... But on the other hand the people that was active is missing so there is not much interesting me in beeing alive....
RosenCruz
Rosen is here. Every now and then. As usual

Got married at February. Life kicks in hard and I am very rarely online compared to old times.
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:

Got married at February. Life kicks in hard and I am very rarely online compared to old times.
Fantastic to hear from you Rosen and WOW! married as well. CONGRATULATIONS dude!

Dancing
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:

Fantastic to hear from you Rosen and WOW! married as well. CONGRATULATIONS dude!

Dancing

Thanks man !!!
sudipbanerjee
Present please. I am alive.
bukaida
I am alive but became a bit irregular.
LxGoodies
Alive, missed this topic.

My impression is all forums suffer from decreasing visitor numbers. Dunno, maybe it's mobile devices ?
deanhills
LxGoodies wrote:
Alive, missed this topic.

My impression is all forums suffer from decreasing visitor numbers. Dunno, maybe it's mobile devices ?
Still think the presence of the owner could make a difference in the visitor numbers though. Just imagine if Bondings should make his appearance and start making posts tomorrow? Like the elusive Scarlet Pimpernel that one gets only one opportunity in a lifetime to view. Razz If we could get some of the golden oldies to come back just for a day or two it could create some interest, although temporarily of course. Anything is possible.

Another factor in the decrease in visitor numbers is the corresponding decrease in interest in shared free hosting. VPSs are easily available these days and a large number of people are going for cheap hosting instead. Ironically though our hosting space is probably the best it has ever been since the beginning of Frihost hosting time. Speed is unbelievably fast on Server 1 because virtually no one is using it - I'm the happiest I've ever been for hosting at Frihost. AND Bondings does check on the Servers. If a Server goes down he's at the throttles like in double time. Individual Website wise he doesn't appear to have time for however. He is also using very solid up market servers in Germany. We're not on iffy servers. Cool
https://www.easycounter.com/report/frihost.com
sudipbanerjee
Dear Sir &/or Madam, I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
Present please. I am alive.
dan_l2
i'm here
sudipbanerjee
Present please. I am still alive.
Insanity
I'd be interested in seeing the number of active users and how it has progressed over time in this forum... are there even still new signups?
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing the number of active users and how it has progressed over time in this forum... are there even still new signups?
The number of new signups have tapered off a lot, and the majority of new signups don't post. Those who post don't always make quality posts. Not that much different from before on a percentage basis, numbers wise there is a big difference.

For example, there were 11 signups on 24 June 2015. 4 posted. Most of them on a one off basis.
29 new signups on 24 June 2014. 6 posted.
26 signups on 24 June 2013. 5 posted.
41 signups on 24 June 2012. 11 posted.
24 signups on 24 June 2011. 8 posted.
26 signups on 24 June 2010. 6 posted. Percentage of those made larger number of posts - stayed for longer haul.
45 signups on 24 June 2009. 9 posted. Percentage of those made larger number of posts - stayed for longer haul.

The above is a little iffy on stats of course but looks like a huge dip during 2015. When we work back to 2010 one finds more new members who stayed for the longer haul, made 8 plus posts. During 2015 very few stayed - like almost no new members for the longer haul.

There are still a good number of the older members who are active on Frihost, but of course many less than before. Unfortunately we've lost our statistics tool when Bondings transferred Frihost from a US to a German Datacentre last year, so can't really count posts. Crying or Very sad
sudipbanerjee
Present please, I am alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
bukaida
What happened sudip? JU is giving too much pressure? Smile
Ghost Rider103
I am still around here, I don't post all that often but I enjoy coming back once in a while and reading.
sudipbanerjee
Present please, I am alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
sudipbanerjee
Present please, I am still alive.
Da Rossa
I'm everything but dead. I'm here!
Is the roll call still active?
Gehr
I am new, and I am alive - and generally quite active in good Forums.

Laughing
RosenCruz
RosenCruz checks in Smile

Alive and drunk as usual Wink
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
Good way to be usually .... Laughing

Welcome back dude! Cool
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
Good way to be usually .... Laughing

Welcome back dude! Cool

Thanks, dean. Good to see you again and around Wink
Aredon
Alive and lurking as usual Very Happy
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
Lurking is good. Gives me a chance to make one of my many spam posts again. Nice to see you back Aredon. Cool
sudipbanerjee
Yes I am alive but my frihost points are very poor. Today it was -73.54 and I am trying to become positive.
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
Yes I am alive but my frihost points are very poor. Today it was -73.54 and I am trying to become positive.
Good for you Sudipbanerjee and nice to see you back. How is the PhD coming on? Smile
sudipbanerjee
I am still alive.
Insanity
I'm still alive just enough to get my points posted Razz
RosenCruz
Good to see active folks around Rolling Eyes
playfungames
I'm alive and I'm hosted but the forum is quite not alive it seems. It seems to be breathing it's last breaths.
LxGoodies
Arrow kind of.. alive and looking several times a week on this forum.. but since philosophy section became so silent.. can't keep + points Crying or Very sad
deanhills
LxGoodies wrote:
Arrow kind of.. alive and looking several times a week on this forum.. but since philosophy section became so silent.. can't keep + points Crying or Very sad
Darn. I wish we could blow some life into it. Crying or Very sad
SonLight
deanhills wrote:
LxGoodies wrote:

I wish we could also. I'm sure happy to see you on the management team; you have put in more effort than anyone to keep the place active.

A variety of new sites is the best path I see toward more activity. If we can provide sites for relative newbies in making sites, and the users see a benefit in posting information related to but not copied from their sites, we could have a new generation who would get "hooked", as we have, on posting unrelated ideas here.
Myrecords
I hope they don't kill me off in the sequel.
LxGoodies
SonLight wrote:
deanhills wrote:
LxGoodies wrote:

I wish we could also. I'm sure happy to see you on the management team; you have put in more effort than anyone to keep the place active.

A variety of new sites is the best path I see toward more activity. If we can provide sites for relative newbies in making sites, and the users see a benefit in posting information related to but not copied from their sites, we could have a new generation who would get "hooked", as we have, on posting unrelated ideas here.

Agree ! good thing that Deanhills is a moderator now.

Quote:
I wish we could blow some life into it.

There's a lot of text here, about techs, hobby's philosophy and faith. Maybe notify Google ? or make Google a member, so it will crawl more effectively ?

Smile
deanhills
Thank you Sonlight and LxGoodies. I owe a lot to Ankhanu who is probably one of the most razor sharp Mods and minds I've ever come across. On top of it contributing excellent blog articles. And of course tidruG who is operating in the background. One of the best Admin I've come across, including Bondings. Two ghost Admin and two live Mods. Razz
Myrecords
I think I'm still alive, but ya never know.
deanhills
Myrecords wrote:
I think I'm still alive, but ya never know.
True. It's like those ghost type movies when the ghosts all of a sudden realize they don't have a body any longer. Or one could die and then all of a sudden wake up in a real world. Razz
Aredon
deanhills wrote:
Aredon wrote:
Lurking is good. Gives me a chance to make one of my many spam posts again. Nice to see you back Aredon. Cool

I should probably get into this whole spam posting thing instead of lurking about and reading. Rolling Eyes
deanhills
Aredon wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Aredon wrote:

I should probably get into this whole spam posting thing instead of lurking about and reading. Rolling Eyes
Great to see you posting Aredon! Think Bondings will be happy too. Razz
Blaster
Unlike Max I'm alive and kicking... Too soon?

Seriously miss talking to that guy though, great guy who had a lot going for him until his wife and daughter were killed then I feel like he was a different person. Sad really
deanhills
Blaster wrote:

Seriously miss talking to that guy though, great guy who had a lot going for him until his wife and daughter were killed then I feel like he was a different person. Sad really
I'm still thinking of him too. That was really sad.

Really nice to see you posting Blaster! Dancing
Da Rossa
Update on the roll call: I'm here!
Josso
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:

I'm still thinking of him too. That was really sad.

Really nice to see you posting Blaster! Dancing

oooooh yeah, I totally forgot about that. didn't know him that well
ratanegra
Well I came back today and got 80 points in a sitting. Getting 95 more now to request hosting. Smile (damn negativity!)
deanhills
ratanegra wrote:
Well I came back today and got 80 points in a sitting. Getting 95 more now to request hosting. Smile (damn negativity!)
Until I reset your points again.

Well done Ratanegra. You've given real meaning to the term "post up a storm"! Brings back ol' Frihost posting days for me. Very Happy
ratanegra
deanhills wrote:
ratanegra wrote:
Until I reset your points again.

Well done Ratanegra. You've given real meaning to the term "post up a storm"! Brings back ol' Frihost posting days for me. Very Happy

Haha, true. Also for me. I've done this a couple of times and it's always funny to see the forums filled with "last post by ratanegra" all over the place.