FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to remove a category from a blog ?

amagard
Is it possible to remove a category from a blog ? I just decided to not use one of my categories ("html_cgi") in my blog anymore and move all posts from there to "software-development". So "html_cgi" has 0 postings now after the move, but how can I remove that category ?

May be - like in the discussion about removing blog postings - it is not possible for a user and I have to contact a web master ?
deanhills
amagard wrote:
Is it possible to remove a category from a blog ? I just decided to not use one of my categories ("html_cgi") in my blog anymore and move all posts from there to "software-development". So "html_cgi" has 0 postings now after the move, but how can I remove that category ?

May be - like in the discussion about removing blog postings - it is not possible for a user and I have to contact a web master ?

I wanted to do the same and asked Bondings two years ago. This was his response:
Bondings wrote:

I have removed all the posts, but not the categories since I need to do that in the database itself (I haven't coded that part yet). Is it ok to leave them for the moment?
Regards,
Steve

What I ended up doing was to just edit the category with a new topic in essence overwriting the category. As one can edit the categories, just not delete the categories.

With regard to the discussion about removing blog posts - like with the category, it very rarely happens, but when I want to get rid of a post I do the same as with the category. Change the content of the blog post to the equivalent of deleting it - by overwriting it with a new heading, new content and moving it to a different or new category if necessary.
grapetakeoff
It's that I never knew I must get it. I read I'm getting a lot more knowledge.