FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Visiting Nepal

Helios
Hi guys,

I'll be visiting the far east in a couple of months.
Are there any guys from India or Nepal, or anyone who'll be travelling there and want to meet up, at least for the first couple of days in a new country?
I'd also like some info from the locals, again if there are any here, about the weather in September and October and the cool places to visit, maybe some unfamiliar places. I'll mainly stay in Nepal.

Of course, any general tips are welcome! Smile
zimmer
Nepal is a good country to visit. I think if you are a hiker person then Nepal is a good place.
Helios
Yeah that's the point, we're going to hike a lot!
However I would like to hear some tips from locals, if there are any here on the forums Smile
deanhills
Great to see you back Helios! Dancing

Tip I can give you from friends who have visited is to try and escape the capital of Nepal at all cost. Instead head straight for Pokhara which is at the foot of the mountains. There are flights direct from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Kathmandu is dirty, full of smog, overcrowded, great chance you'll get some or other bug there and spoil your holiday. Not worth it for even a day.

By the way Codegeek is from Nepal. And an active member. Maybe you could drop him a PM.

You could try hunnyhiteshseth for India. He made an appearance a couple of weeks ago and if he accesses his PMs will be thrilled to hear from you.
codegeek
Hello Helios,

I'm glad you're coming to Nepal. I would love to answer any questions you have. Very Happy

Regards,
Codegeek
Nyasro
Have a Blast in Nepal Smile