FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Even a 'cat' can get lucky

standready
A few weeks ago, a nearby Chrysler dealer had a promo along with a cookout. At that time you could enter a drawing for a 2 year lease on a '14 Dodge Dart or $2500 cash (drawing to be held 7/5 at 5pm and winner must be present). Of course 7/5 is during a holiday weekend which is what the dealer wants to put odds more in their favor of non-payout. Plus many will just forget.
I went for the cookout and got there late so no food but did sign up for drawing. Yesterday, I go to the dealership and there are 15-20 people there for the drawing. Salesperson say he will only draw up to 3 names instead of drawing to a winner but at least 3 chances anyway. I am thinking 'way to really tick off all those that did show up if nobody wins'. He draws the first name and she apparently is a no show. Second name drawn was MINE!!!!!
As Steve Miller sang 'take the money and run!' Half is gone to bills already. Most of the other half to the taxman.
coolclay
Sweet diggity dog!!!

That's awesome! More cash than I've ever won! They definitely were hoping you'd go for the lease!!!
deanhills
standready wrote:
Second name drawn was MINE!!!!!
AWESOME! You almost won the "Guess the numbers" competition as well. You almost won the "Guess the number of posts" competition as well. Short of one post. You must be on a winning streak. Cool
Peterssidan
A cat? Lucky you!
hunnyhiteshseth
I guess it is luck combined with your knack of picking the competitions strategically thinking about how other people are thinking
deanhills
Nice car! Cool

But I guess cash is King. Very Happy

I love the GPS

standready
deanhills wrote:
Nice car! Cool
But I guess cash is King. Very Happy

Yes, it is a nice car but would still have to pay taxes, license and full coverage insurance plus I don't need a third car. Ca$h made more sense for me.
rx9876
Wow!
Really lucky!
The drawing rule is dirty, but you still won!