FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I just had to laugh

standready
So this morning, a furniture store had this special:

So one old lady gets a wallet and opens it and says "Well if this isn't a crock of _hit!" I said well you got a nice wallet for nothing as she heads out the door. I go through the over-priced store. As I am leaving here comes that old lady back in. She puts her hand out for a wallet and the employee asked "Didn't you already get one?" She replies "NO!" so employee reluctantly gives her a wallet.
I can only hope that she got another crock of ....... coupons. That is what I got in my nice 'free' wallet.
deanhills
At least it is slightly different than the usual. Haven't seen a special with wallets yet. Razz
hunnyhiteshseth
All marketing gimmick dean hills. I wonder how do they justify such stupid promotions to their companies!
standready
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
All marketing gimmick dean hills. I wonder how do they justify such stupid promotions to their companies!

If the promotion brings in sales, they are brilliant! No matter how stupid the promotion appears to be. The store has been using the wallet gimmick for a while now so must work for them.
Anyway, with the over-priced stuff they have in the store, they can afford to give you a wallet. Buy their stuff and you won't have anything to put in it.
hunnyhiteshseth
standready wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Anyway, with the over-priced stuff they have in the store, they can afford to give you a wallet. Buy their stuff and you won't have anything to put in it.

Lolz.. Well said! At a society level, that's ny problem with marketing gimmicks.. It make things expensive for all of us. Imagine if all companies stopped spending millions on endorsements and focused more on product features... At an industry level it will lead to decrease in prices for all!
Peterssidan
How many of these wallets does actually contain money? One?
standready
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Lolz.. Well said! At a society level, that's ny problem with marketing gimmicks.. It make things expensive for all of us. Imagine if all companies stopped spending millions on endorsements and focused more on product features... At an industry level it will lead to decrease in prices for all!

I agree. I usually avoid products that have 'endorsements' for that reason.

Peterssidan wrote:
How many of these wallets does actually contain money? One?

By law, there must be money in one wallet though nothing says that wallet must be handed out to a 'customer'.
coolclay
Good for that lady, she's working the system!

My Grandmother is a chronic sweepstakes guru, and yes she does win a lot of crap!!!
She's gotten tickets to shows, cruises, cash, and a huge array of goodies over the years.

It's like the zero interest credit card "scam" I've been using over the past few years. Apply for a zero interest card, buy something expensive they can be easily resold with no depreciation, then invest the cash for however long it is interest free, and make your monthly payments until interest is due then pay it off.
Walla free money!

So far using the zero interest "scam" I've made darn close to a grand.
standready
coolclay wrote:
Good for that lady, she's working the system!

By lying when asked if she had already got one. That is a system I can do without.
Pippo90
Free wallets, great!

Everything which is free is also better. Cool
coolclay
Ah yes, you are correct StandReady as usual, I missed that part. I also could not personally do that even if it was "working" the system.
johans
Hahahahaha

Good try. What is it? Lol