FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Freenom Free Domain Registration

codersfriend
Hi guys, I just bumped into FreeNom from google search

http://www.freenom.com/en/index.html

Offers free tld domain registration for .TK / .ML / .GA / .CF .
Have any of you tried this service? and do you think this is reliable?
rx9876
I'm not so sure, but I already used .TK from http://www.dot.tk/
I can't figure out any reason to register .tk domain through other websites.
deanhills
rx9876 wrote:
Totally agreed. It's fast and effortless to access .tk and one can have a dot.tk domain up and running with name servers added (and working immediately) under five minutes.
RosenCruz
codersfriend wrote:

Those are nice extensions, actually. I might give them a try.

Edit: It redirected me to dot.tk.

hahaha. Arrow
rx9876
RosenCruz wrote:
codersfriend wrote:

Those are nice extensions, actually. I might give them a try.

Edit: It redirected me to dot.tk.

hahaha. Arrow

Interesting...
Maybe the purpose of the website is to make a portal and gain some traffics.
grofet
dot tk is different now under freenom management. We have to renew our free domains at Freenom two weeks before the expiration date. Fail to renew domain they may make the domain deleted from our domain list on freenom, or they push us to upgrade the domain from free domain to paid domain. Two weeks is a very short time for me. Domain is an important things for me. So i would prefer rent a general domain for 10 years rather than using free domain name with full of trouble. After registering a domain for 10 years i can renew the domain every several years to make the domain keep registered for more than 9 years. Right now i already have some free domain on freenom but it is just for testing purpose, not for my active website. My freenom domain right now is redirected to my existing website on paid general top level domain (gtld).
enchy
I have heard that if your site registred on freenom's domain gain succes they could scam you for it, have anybody already been scammed by them here?
RosenCruz
enchy wrote:
I have heard that if your site registred on freenom's domain gain succes they could scam you for it, have anybody already been scammed by them here?

I heard those rumours too. I had a domain that receives daily 25000 hits, a Turkish content ***.tk forum, I did not have a problem
ezhost
I dont think free domain is really free.... And Godaddy sometimes offers $1 com domain, I think it is affordable
RosenCruz
ezhost wrote:
I dont think free domain is really free.... And Godaddy sometimes offers $1 com domain, I think it is affordable

They are free but you do not actually own the domain. Kinda have the rights to use it. And they have the rights to take it back any time Wink
ezhost
Thanks for your reply. This is the point. When you spend so many resources on the domain and make it popular among the internet, they will take it back or ask you to pay for it.

I think at that time, it is much much more expensive than registering a com domain yourself!
RosenCruz
ezhost wrote:
Thanks for your reply. This is the point. When you spend so many resources on the domain and make it popular among the internet, they will take it back or ask you to pay for it.

I think at that time, it is much much more expensive than registering a com domain yourself!

If your web site gets popular and gets heavy traffic, you can pay for it and actually "register" it. Then you have it with full rights.

I love dot.tk

It allows me to try little ideas on my servers for development ideas. With an actual domain name instead of subdomains or IP folders. If I am serious about production, then I buy the .com of that domain Wink
ruiping
it is a good free tld domain provider£¬I have registed one tk domain,you can use your favorite namesever to solve your domains.
johans
deanhills wrote:
rx9876 wrote:
Totally agreed. It's fast and effortless to access .tk and one can have a dot.tk domain up and running with name servers added (and working immediately) under five minutes.

I have dot.tk access and when i checked it is new portal and they upgraded it with other domain options. I think its nice and very cool.

Yes, you can activate it instantly. What a perfect domain to have.

I think i can give them 5 stars on this upgrade. specially, if you need free domain name which no cost at all for a year then you just renew it if you need to extend for another year.

I like it much. Highly recommended that you should try.
dude_xyx
Hmm now they looks pretty good with all new interface and portal. I will try them again for some of my link building projects.
weshall007
I had made an account but I am having fear of being blocked it has very bad reviews at Google