FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

People who do remakes

mstreet
My goodness I was at a huge carnival parade in Glastonbury last night. They have a lot of floats with a lot lights on them. There is also a lot of music and dancing on them. I found it very different to hear a remake of Poison by Alice Cooper. I found it strange to hear a techno version of this.
I wonder if the artists actually like these remakes. They must make money off of them or why would they be doing it.
sylviakowalski
you mean covers??

some covers are really good.. some really bad. hehe. umm my favourite kind of covers are techno/vocal trance covers, like California Dreamin' by the Royal Giggalos or San Francisco by Global DJs.. those are two of the most familiar vocal trance covers. yeah they're goooooood Smile
rip8fan1
I usually don't like covers, especially if it is the only thing the 'new band' does.

Some covers are better than the originals - in my opinion, but very few!

For an example of a TERRIBLE cover, listen to Madonna sing 'American Pie'. OUCH!!! (and I like Madonna)
ddukki
There are some good covers out there, like Weezer's Mrs. Robinson, but there are horrible ones too, like Further Seems Forever's Say It Ain't So. But to answer the question about if they themselves like it, I'm pretty sure they have to get permission from the original track artists before making a cover and making sure they like it first.
Varun
i have heard some remakes and i really dont like any of them whats the point in making a song which is already made up...if you do that then it is not your song at all!!!