FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old sherlock homes or new Sherlock Homes

vipinagrahari
I am sure that many people , love to watch sherlock homes .

Which sherlock homes do you like more, the one in Sir arthur canon doyles Novel, or the one in BBC TV Series(benedict cumberbatch).

Come on sherlockians .. go on. Very Happy
cybersa
My vote for new Sherlock Homes.
Waiting for next season.
vipinagrahari
Moriarty : DId you Miss me ??? Very Happy
Insanity
The Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch is the best one I have seen so far. I like the interplay of technology with the olden days of Sherlock without being too pandering or niche.
Blummer
Classics are classics. The existance of the new Sherlock does not spoil the old one.
playfungames
I like the Benedict Cumberbatch version of Sherlock from BBC One. I think this is the best version. I have not read or saw the original Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or the first adaption of it in movies or series.

I have seen Sherlock Holmes in which Robert Downey Jr. stars in. But I like the series better. It's more comparable to today's society. The movies makes me feel like I'm watching a really old movie.
auldaviemore
I've watched them all, Basil Rathbone, Jeremy Brett (stupendous and moody) but for sheer storyline content and acting it has to be Benedict.

The settings and the actors are just the best and while we wait for the Dr Who transition (hopefully better than last time) we'll have to make do with Sherlock

By the way, has anyone seen the WHOLOCK video on YOUTUBE?

OUTSTANDING
pravojednostavno
I like more the Sherlock Homes with Benedict Cumberbatch.
codersfriend
The TV series Elementary starring Johnny Lee Miller is also a good version of Sherlock Holmes
dude_xyx
Yeah Elementary is something interesting. They have change the story a lot. Dr Wotson become a female and everything happens in USA in modern times.
Insanity
I didn't even know about Elementary! It seems like a pretty cool adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. I loved the British reimagining of it, but it'll be interesting to see another modern take on it. Actually, I feel like modernizing Sherlock Holmes is such a fad nowadays. Almost every single take on Sherlock Holmes is some sort of remake. I suppose it's because people think it's been done to death, but it's getting annoying because there's no more originality. I suppose if you're trying to make something that's hundreds of years old, there's not much room for creativity. But still.
Mrs_Robota
I prefer the British version... Sherlock is always good, no matter the time
Insanity
I checked out Elementary, but I don't know if Il ike that interpretation. It's not bad, but I think that the other versions are much better.
jajarvin
Mrs_Robota wrote:
I prefer the British version... Sherlock is always good, no matter the time

I also prefer the British version.
And Sherlock speaks real english
cps31
I like the newer version of Sherlock Homes most than the older one!
faizp
New Sherlock, always. It appeals to modern society and is a lot more relatable. Absolutely cannot wait for the Christmas Special and Season 4!
Blummer
Also looking forward to this new aged Sherlock with Ian McKellen.

loveandormoney
vipinagrahari wrote:
I am sure that many people , love to watch sherlock homes .

Which sherlock homes do you like more, the one in Sir arthur canon doyles Novel, or the one in BBC TV Series(benedict cumberbatch).

Come on sherlockians .. go on. Very Happy

All

I love them from South America
all made in England are marvelous

some made in USA fantastic

we collect every DVD with any Doyle addiction.

Thank You for Links.