FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

users + databases seperate

Rhysige
Recently ive found that switching between even my 3 databases is becoming increasingly annoying. So why not simply make it so you can create users that have access to multiple atabases or just specified ones so that I can give people access to single databases but I can still access all without knowing every password for every DB.
bananaphone
Good idea - I've had that problem too.
Can we also have databases that don't have "username_" in front of them!
Rhysige
I think the username_ is to define them as yours... since they are probably all on the same SQL thing so we cant fix that.
Bondings
No, you can't change the username_ in front of it. In cpanel you can assign a user to several databases, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if this is also possible with DirectAdmin.
n0obie4life
Directadmin also tags your SQL databases Wink
Rhysige
if someone finds a way in direct admin I would be happy to know...
gonzo
Rhysige wrote:
Recently ive found that switching between even my 3 databases is becoming increasingly annoying. .

huh? May I have an example?

bananaphone wrote:
Can we also have databases that don't have "username_" in front of them!

no that's hardcoded into cpanel. you can, of course, use offsite mysql hosting Wink
Rhysige
Example is ive got a database I use for a game so its called rhysige_warsim and that is the user I must login with. Another is a CMS ive made myself so its rhysige_tar and I need to use that username to access that database. Now Limiting access is needed if I get people to help me out however *I* want to be able to have One username to rule them all Razz I want one user I can login as and go to every one of my databases.
n0xvb
Looks like DirectAdmin will not allow you do do what you want, I have the same requirement, two different MySQL databases both with the same user. Looks like I'm going to have to re-create one of them...

Actually, just tried to create a new database, specifying a user from an already existing dabase, it tells me the user already exists Evil or Very Mad

Anyone know of a way to assign database users to a database by using phpmysql or something similar?

Or: Bondings, can I get access to cPanel long enough to do this?