FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CRT or LCD

CRT or LCD
CRT
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
LCD
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

bananaphone
Do you prefer CRT or LCD. I know lots of gamers that prefer CRT.

But I have an LCD!!
manas
CRT'S
1.Low response time
2.Cheap
3.Bulky
4.No so stylish

LCD's
1.Expensive
2.High response time
3.Save on desk space
4.Very stylish
seanooi
I have an LCD in front of me and a CRT on the left of me. I still prefer LCD, the images clearer compared to CRT Laughing
Naif
I prefer CRT. Why? At the price of an LCD monitor of say, size 17" I can purchase a much larger CRT flatpanel monitor. The other reason would be because of the disadvantages LCD monitors have, viz.

1. A smaller viewing angle
2. The problems it has associated with display resolutions
3. There are some more which I am unable to recall right now

PS: I feel LCD monitors are better off being used in companies and all, where looks matter more
misterdimiz
Actually I have a 19'' CTR, but I'm going to have a 19'' LCD soon.
Commando_Sondre
I use a LCD-screen
Gamers back home in Norway use the newest and "best" they can find,
I feel like that!!

I had an CRT before,
but after my littlebrother crushed the screen,
I have used LCD!
yotga
I like LCD... Coz its more comfort then the other1
kuad
I definitely prefer LCD's purely because they are less straining on the eyes. And I only play games very rarely, and they aren't the latest greateast FPS which needs a super-duper system, so I'd take my LCD.
DJHicks
lcd should be left for laptops only...

limited viewing angles make them a real pain specially if u like to watch movies in bed... only one person in bed can watch properly or the screen has to be real far way!

also ghosting... it gets right on my nerves.... i do a lot of reading and like to scroll through a lot of txt quickly and lcd just blurs!

they need to sort the technology out properly before releasing it... then a month later.. the new improved stuff! then a month later even more improved... but still crap! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ocalhoun
The best picture quality comes still from CRT's.
CRT's are cheaper too (this is important: I use 3 monitors, and I got them all for free, just figure how much it would be if each cost $200)
(the ones with a flat screen (not a flat monitor) and high reselution)
Why does everyone equate looking cool with actualy being cool...
They must be shallow people.
ruff_ryder
LCD is the logical successor to CRT. I have heard reports that several companies have stopped manufacturing CRTs and have moved to LCDs only.
l4zy
LCDs are so easy on the eyes... sitting in front of the LCD for hours will not cause any headache , whereas no gaurantees for the CRT!
gonzo
I like black to be black, and white to be white, and ghosting to be as non-existent as ghosts.
cheeta
LCDs r good but that fixed resulation thing is really hearting them... gamers r forced to think of CRTs....
Kashinilaya
l4zy wrote:
LCDs are so easy on the eyes... sitting in front of the LCD for hours will not cause any headache , whereas no gaurantees for the CRT!

Besides real injuries to the eyes, CRTs releases too much X rays. No advantages they may still have over LCDs pay off our health.
RA
The "best" between CRT and LCD depends on what you are going to use it for. If you don't mind some of the problems of an LCD, like slow response time and fixed resolution, then LCD is the way to go. LCDs are beginning to overcome the slow response hurdle, but it hasn't happened yet.
DrBjo
I prefer LCD, alot clearer vision Wink
H3LL5P4WN
I used to be a die-hard CRT advocate, until I received my Samsung 910N. My many CRT's could not touch this thing in image quality, and with the advertised 8ms response time, I can't see any sort of ghosting. Now, Samsung has "4ms" monitors... I'd love to check one out. Well, make that a pair. Mmm... dual monitors...
Hikaru
If you're a hardcore gamer, you should still consider LCDs. Why? Would you rather be able to play the game without killing your eyes or suffering some minor LCD response time that is hardly even noticed? You can get a 4ms LCD like I have, and I'm telling you right now, with a solid system you won't notice any monitor lag at all. I hate how every CRT fan complains about LCD lags, well fine. Keep your CRT, I rather enjoy the games and have my eyes protected from all that radiation :]
gertjang
LCD: price is lowering while quality is growing.
Arnie
I like CRT because I like old hardware Smile
BCobos
I don't have an LCD but I'd sure like to have one.