FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Referals

Should We Have Referals??
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

bananaphone
I know that this has been suggested before but can we incorporate some form of referal system - just a phpbb mod will do.
I have refered people to Frihost and it would be nice to have some form of incentive to refer more!

BananaPhone
JCdude5
That is an excellent idea, but people could take advantage of that just to try and get people banned for no reason.
dan751
I like the idea too. However, JCdude5, would you mind going into detail about how people would try to ban other people? Because right now, I don't know how that would work.
JCdude5
What I mean by that is like if one person doesnt like another, they would go and tell a moderator or someone like yourself, and say things that the person didnt say and get him/her in trouble.
bananaphone
People may also make hundreds of accounts with fake details, and then delete them to drive up their referalls
JCdude5
Ok I am sorry if I caused a disturbance. I most likely dont know what exactly a referal is here so can you please pm me the answer?
TheQ
I think it is a good idea, but it is not for frihost. Maybe an idea is for example that your link at your site referring to frihost must be counted so people who sending lots of traffic to frihost will be rewarded by frih$.
CrimsonStrange
Well, what about some sort of referral system that works like this:

(example)

I am a legitimate member of FriHost.com.

If it were available, I could have a special link that referenced a user ID or my username.

I could use this link to promote FriHost with forum signatures or general text or image links wherever it is allowed.

When this link was clicked on by someone who was interested in learning more about FriHost or signing up, it would take the visitor to the FriHost.com home page, or to the account signup page.

My user ID or username would follow the person who clicked on my link throughout the site, so that the admins of FriHost.com would know whose link referred a new account signup.

In return for bringing a new person to FriHost, I would receive some sort of reward.

Maybe the reward would be extra points or frih$, additional space, or some other incentive.

(To prevent abuse or multiple account creations that essentially do nothing but take up space, perhaps the new recruit must make their required amount of quality posts before I could collect my bonuses. Therefore, it would be in everybody's best interest to promote the FriHost community)
shabda
I too am in favour of referals. Im not asking for anything tangible, just loads of f$ will do . What say bondings?
Jack_Hammer
bananaphone wrote:
I know that this has been suggested before but can we incorporate some form of referal system - just a phpbb mod will do.
I have refered people to Frihost and it would be nice to have some form of incentive to refer more!

BananaPhone

Well, looks like my referral idea is certainly popular...
Wink
gonzo
And what will be the punishment for existing FH users shown to be actually-spamming other forums?
n0obie4life
gonzo wrote:
And what will be the punishment for existing FH users shown to be actually-spamming other forums?

We'll let you pick one. So, go ahead Wink
gonzo
flayed with tropical vines
n0obie4life
gonzo wrote:
flayed with tropical vines

Thats impossible on this forum. You'll have to pick something possible to do.
gonzo
ohhhh Razz

Forced to wear an "I'm a spammer" avatar. Mandatory "spammer" description. Banned from future use of referal promotion. Loss of benefits of referals. Increase the points deduction rate.

And for the first month mandatory frame insertion on user's site with "I'm a spammer" as the top frame Wink
shabda
How about having to donate all their f$ to gonzo's epanhandling store?
NuniPio
bananaphone wrote:
People may also make hundreds of accounts with fake details, and then delete them to drive up their referalls

werent you the one who came up with this idea??
Stinger
hold on if you get to many people wont the servers run out of space?
TeenZine
Stinger wrote:
Yes but I assume bondings will then get another server and we will all give him lots of thanks.
babumuchhala
Stinger wrote:
NO NEVER.

A user is just another entry in the mySQL database and no specific amount is allocated for every forum member.

And by space if you mean, hosting space, then if the server reaches its max limit bondings will buy a new one (as he has already done when Server 1 reached its max) or just stop accepting new requests, simple Very Happy

But all i know is the present new account hosting server .i.e. Server 2 is way way away from the limit (thats what the staff tell me Razz)

So no wories Bondings Rocks!!!
Droop
I say do it, makes it alot easier on all of us!! happy posting!!!
garionw
I'm sure there were more recent topics that you could have posted in, and I think they got locked, which to me was an indication not to create any more topics of that nature Rolling Eyes
Bockman
Amazingly this topic has been brought to life by the second time... You guys ought to start looking at post dates (and IF you intend to revive a post, at least give a good reason for it, not a one line reply)

Be Well Cool

oops.. almost forgot... -closed- ... don't want this post to waste all 9 lifes so soon...